Know what I hate?

Options
ErinMarie25
ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
I hate when friends try and push foods on you that you don't want. We went to a buffet grill type-thing last night. They bring you endless amount of meat and they have a salad bar with a few little sides. I, of course, ate from the salad bar. I had a buuuunch of salad, vegetables, and watermelon. I was totally fine with that and it was delicious! Our friends were telling me to "stop" my diet for then so I can eat like them and then when the dessert came to our table, they were literally like begging me to have a piece of cheesecake or chocolate cake! Um, definitely NO. Especially cheesecake which is way high in calorie. I just refused and refused and they kept trying to push me into getting one and I never did, nor did I have a bite of anyone's who tried getting me to bite a piece, wth?

What is pushing these foods on me going to do? It's not benefiting you in any way. I just don't get it. And it's not a DIET for the last time. It's just HOW I eat!

Replies

• SlipperySlope
    Options
    I've found that too...sometimes people just don't like that you have more willpower than they do. Keep up the good work!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you eating healthily in front of them highlights how they AREN"T. That makes them feel bad, so they want you to join in the pig-out. Misery loves company.

Good for you for staying strong!

But, are you never gonna eat a piece of cheesecake ever again? The key is to find a sustainable lifestyle you can maintain forever.
  • mab0669
    Options
    When I go out I usually try to plan ahead so I can eat something I normally wouldn't, red meat or cheese cake or other dessert for example. I don't go overboard, but occasionally it is good to splurge a little.
  • ErinMarie25
    Options
    I had a sausage, but I had Subway earlier on so didn't eat too much of the other stuff. It was my cheat day, but Subway was pretty much my cheat.

Lol, Lucky, of course I will eat a piece of cheesecake one day, but yesterday was just not one of those days. I plan my meals in advance every day. I already have tomorrow planned. But since last weekend I had a piece of cake at the MC Ball and shared a brownie/ice cream thing with my parents and husband while my parents were visiting, I definitely wasn't going for cheesecake.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I had one person tell me at a little party a couple of years ago "Is that all you are going to eat?" And the thing is, I was actually eating more than I normally would have...it sucks that she likes to pig out and get fat (she's probably about 100 pounds overweight) but I don't want to do that. And when we learn about portion size and exercise those principles, after a while, you simply CAN'T eat all that food anymore without getting sick. Is that what they want? Sick people at their get-togethers???
  • ErinMarie25
    Options
    I had one person tell me at a little party a couple of years ago "Is that all you are going to eat?" And the thing is, I was actually eating more than I normally would have...it sucks that she likes to pig out and get fat (she's probably about 100 pounds overweight) but I don't want to do that. And when we learn about portion size and exercise those principles, after a while, you simply CAN'T eat all that food anymore without getting sick. Is that what they want? Sick people at their get-togethers???

Yep, exactly.

I had THREE plates of salad and vegetables and I was STUFFED. That was definitely more than I usually eat. I couldn't eat another bite of lettuce, even.

I really don't care too much when I see sweets. I really enjoy vegetables now. I eat them every day. I used to look away from vegetables, never eat them, and eat cake all the time. It's amazing what you can change.