Should I rest? How long for?

Options
Ahrena
Ahrena Posts: 44 Member
Since starting running its because a big part of my life and I look forward to it and mostly (!) enjoy it. I'm training for a tough mudder in August so following a Nike half marathon training plan.

Yesterday my left hip was twinging occasionally but I had a 5k run scheduled so I thought I'd start and see how it went. It was a little sore for about 10 metres then went so I carried on. When I turned up a steep hill towards the end, a sharp pain shot through my hip and I had to walk the rest home. I had a bit of a limp the rest of the day.

I had a pole dancing class in the evening, and as its prepaid so I would lose my money if I didn't go, I decided to go and do what I could. It didn't hurt at all, even jogging in the warm up - the only thing that hurt was when we had to skip during the warm up.

This morning its a little sore occasionally - generally feels good but sometimes I must stand a little awkwardly and then its a bit sore but mostly okay. I'm scheduled a 5k run today and a 12k run tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do as I am inclined to get obsessive when I have a schedule, so I'm not sure if this is enough to warrant skipping running for a couple of days or whether I ought to go and just see how it goes?

I thought I could stick to running a level route as it was the hill that hurt it but maybe I'd be better off taking a couple of days off - but I also don't want to make excuses!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't hurt, i would think it's fine.

Maybe it's a sign your shoes are wearing out and need replacing?