How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Just curious how often everyone weighs in...thanks!

Trying to decide if I should do it once a week, once a month, one every couple weeks, etc.

Replies

• Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    every day.......not suggested but an obsession
  • PolkaDot88
    PolkaDot88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once a week on Fridays and measure inches twice a month, 1st and 15th. I find it gives me a good picture without making me obsess over the scale!
  • sabrina35
    Options
    I weigh everday, but I record once a week.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I would suggest once a week, early in the morning, before you eat, and completely nude.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    once a week on a set day first thing in the morning after a good pee...

i dont suggest you weight yourself everyday... you will see small weight variations resulting in water retention among other things and it will just drive you mad...

good luck!
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would suggest once a week, early in the morning, before you eat, and completely nude.

sounds good to me ;)
  • mab0669
    Options
    I also weigh myself every day. I usually only weigh in on this website every couple of weeks. But, I can't help myself, I must get on the scale every morning. I don't freak out if i go up a pound or two, I just stick with it and it goes back down. If you feel that seeing fluctuations will upset you, then don't weigh in so often.
  • Chacen
    Chacen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to do it once a week first thing in the morning.
    I've done the every day or every two days in the past and I find it becomes this compulsive obession that starts to wear on your mind if you dont see the constant results.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    When I was losing weight I would weigh daily, so I learned what foods affected and what didn't, but now that I am at goal and staying there I weigh on Fridays. That way if I am bad over the weekend it is back to normal by Friday. I also measure every two weeks.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    everyday cause of curiosity ... i record it every day too... i get about 2-5 lbs fluctuation
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It is a proven fact that people who check the scale on a daily basis lose more weight. I on the other take that to a new level weighing myself several times a day. I like to weigh myself before going to the gym to see how I am doing on the day. I can usually tell within .4lbs what I will weigh in the morning based on what I ate the night before and what I weighed in at through the prvious day. It is very helpful but can be very discouraging during plateaus.
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    Once a week, same day a week at around the same time if possible.
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    every day.......not suggested but an obsession
    I'm right there with you and then when some asks me how much I weigh I'm like hmmmm, I'm not exactly sure....as if... :)
  • legend1973
    Options
    Somewhere in the range of 4 to 5 times a day..... OCD....
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    daily, but i weigh in once a week. i don't stress over the numbers on the scale, i just like to know....if i'm on course and anything i need to do different.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I do it like every other day, working on doing so once a week but I find that to be rather diffacult. I am making excellent progress and I feel like i lose a pound every time i step on. One day, when I'm strong enough I will probaly weigh in every other week, to once a month..sometimes these numbers can stress me if I have a bad eating day and it goes up a few pounds.
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had to reply to this. I weigh myself several times a day, my scale is broken so I find it amusing to see that after I've gone to the bathroom I can gain 10lbs. I do weigh in tuesday morning and sometimes saturdays too. My weight is slowly dropping, in the beginning I saw four inches off waist and hips, now nothing in the last 10lbs.
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    I weigh myself often but I only "weigh in" every Thursday :)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Once a month! I have decided I am not going to obsess over the scale. I would rather see the difference in the way my clothes are fitting.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every morning, and check in once a week. Like Natural said, it helps to keep me on course, so I eat well everyday rather than slack off after weigh-in day and then starve myself beforehand. Everyone's different though, this is just what works for me.