Do you ever feel deprived?

Options
Whenever I start eating healthy, I get a little sad and honestly, a little scared that I'm depriving myself. I don't want to live a life watching every bite or counting every calorie, but at the same time I want to get fit and be healthy. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out because I can't have that extra drink or the yummy dinner. I think that I just need to find rewards in other parts of my life, but sometimes I feel like it's an uphill battle.

Replies

• Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way but I have learned that there are special days or occasions that I can make exceptions to this and I enjoy them that much more cause I don't constantly eat like that. Just don't let one day make you fall off the wagon
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    It is an uphill battle but I never feel deprived. If there I a healthier way to make what I am wanting I do it. :)
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I do feel like that! But keep in mind that the weight loss part is only temporary...once you reach your goal weight and are maintaining, you will be able to be a little more flexible with your food choices. I think its just in the loosing part that we really have to watch our calories, ya know! I also think its okay to splurge every once in a while...even Bob on The Biggest Loser said one time, "its ok to have icecream in the evening....but only once a week!" LOL!