New to the site...Hi!

Options
Hello, My name is CJ. I am 45 and wish to lose about 15lbs. The reason I am here is because I have not always lived a healthy lifestyle. My bigest issues are smoking and drinking soda.....coke to be specific. Currently I am smoking and wish to quit AGAIN, however I have gained weight over the last year and want to get that under control before I stop cause I will gain more. I know that sounds crazy, but it is my truth. I have been doing 90X and music surfing for excercise for the last 5 weeks. I work out at least 4 days a week but really try for 6. FYI: Music surfing Is what I call putting on head phones and basically dancing around the playground at the park while my little ones play. I can usually bust out an hour of pretty intense aerobic excercise while my kids get fresh air and play. Yes people look at me funny as I skip and jump and dance around the paths that suround the playground...but who care??? No me :). I just found this sight a couple of days ago and I really like the tracking system. I am 5 ft 10 in and curently weigh 155 ish lbs. I was 160 when I started. A year ago I weighed 125 and was WAY to skinny. Now I have gained more weight then I intended so I would like to get to a healthy 140-145 ish. More then anything, I just want to fit into my clothes without the muffin top. My husband says the top is the best part of the muffin! I say that is true as long as it is not on my body! ;)

Replies

• vbjohn
    Options
    It sounds like you have the working out part down like you should. You should start tracking the calories that you eat now.. If you happen to have a smart phone it makes it easier with applications where you can just input your food item and the amount you are eating and there it is.. I personally use an app called Calorie Counter by Fat Secret. But even MY FITNESSPAL does the same thing.. I just like the other one as I can bar code scan my items to input them which makes it really easy... The key to losing weight is for every 3500 calories you deficit your body you will lose a pound. So for example, if you are burning 2200 calories per day and you are only eating 1200 calories per day then in 3.5 days you should lose a pound. One item that I added to my diet in the mornings is Shakeology which is only 140 calories and tastes great and has all the vitamins, proteins and other items I need to make it through the day. You can get shakeology at www.shakeology101.com for retail price or you can sign up to be a distributor with them (Aka Coach) as it is free to sign up through 2010 and you can save 25% off the retail price. www.tbbcoach.com

I hope that helps.. If you have any questions on anything just let me know...
  • cjhayes1965
    Options
    Thanks....I have been doing that all 5 weeks. Used to use calorie count but started using MFP 3 days ago. It sure helps to know what you are consuming. I am down to about 2 sodas a day...down from 6, Crazy right! I just hate wasting calories on soda when I could eat!

I do have a question regarding recovery heart rate...how long should it take for my heart rate to come down from my 70%-80% target zone. I have concerns about that. Today after doing P90 Kempo my HR only came down 19 bpm after 1 min. I suspect that is not good. I just got the heart rate monitor and I am becoming obsessed. I guess I will keep tracking it. I did go out last night with my husband and had a couple of beers so I have been draging my tail today. I am wondering if that makes a difference??