How much water do you really need??

pigskin1974
pigskin1974 Posts: 9
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
How many of you knew that you are really supposed to be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water everyday?? So, if you weigh 200lbs. you should be drinking 100oz every day!! It does sound like a lot, but it really helps!! It helps you feel full more often, and it can help flush out some of the "bad" things that you may be eating. Sometimes water is the one thing your body needs, when you "feel" hungry.

Replies

• Sometimes though it's so hard to drink water, especially when you're not thirsty. I think that's the worst, having to force yourself to drink. I find myself having to do that often.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    There is no such thing as too much water. However, I would worry more about getting dieting/exercise in order before tacking on daily water intake.
  • Diet and excersise, definitely!! Water just helps, a lot actually.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    I fill my bottle 4 times a day. Drink one on the way to work, one with my lunch, one on the way home, and one with dinner. If I am running behind I make a game of it by drinking it fast. Ready set drink! lol
    But my bottle is 2.5 cups so it is easy to do. I think it helps my body process faster and better. I feel kinda slow and lazy when I don't drik enough.
    Cheers :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.