Headaches....

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
What is the deal??? I have been having so many headaches lately!!! Lucky for me they have been somewhat minor but all day long! Geezzz! :indifferent:

I am usually not a "headache person". I am thinking that maybe I am having too much or too little of something but I can't figure out what... :grumble:

Replies

• KrisKabob
    Options
    What is the deal??? I have been having so many headaches lately!!! Lucky for me they have been somewhat minor but all day long! Geezzz! :indifferent:

I am usually not a "headache person". I am thinking that maybe I am having too much or too little of something but I can't figure out what... :grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I get migraines and have actually been battling one all day today. I have been able to keep it from really getting bad but it seems to be lingering.

Hmm, are you eating something you haven't had before????
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Changes in eating habits or your sleeping pattern can cause headaches
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think you get headaches if you aren't getting enough carbs.... Thats what my science teacher said in high school, lol, so I'm not sure. Up the whole grains, fruits and veggies.....?
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    hunger?? Stress??? Or the major issue, could be hypertension caused from the blood rushing to fast(high blood pressure) I used to get headaches some severe enough to almost make me call off work, and I had my BP checked and sure enough I was hypertensive, but wt loss and yoga help with that. But I would definately get that checked
  • jabarbe
    jabarbe Posts: 1
    Options
    I get stress headaches all the time. I can usually tell when I am going to get one because I get dry mouth the tension in in my neck and move into my eye.
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I hate to admit that it may be caffine or artificial sweetner related... I love them both regardless of the bad things I've heard about both. I don't want to give up either one. :sad:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    There must be something in the air today. I have a major headache today too!
    I used to get migraines a lot and they always seemed to start when I was overtired.
    Maybe a good nights sleep will help alleviate your pain.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I think you get headaches if you aren't getting enough carbs.... Thats what my science teacher said in high school, lol, so I'm not sure. Up the whole grains, fruits and veggies.....?

You know I never thought about this... I will recheck my carb intake b/c I know that I don't eat a lot of bread or bread-related items. It's just not my thing - I know I am weird!

I also haven't been eating much fruit... now, I do get in my veggies!

I will look into this! Thanks! :happy:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    All right there are several things that could be happening here.
    1.) Did you stop drinking sodas and coffee. If so this is a caffine withdraw. (see your Dr.)
    2.) People are becoming with more alergic to sugar these days. The chemicals that they use to make your table sugar white could be effecting your muscles. (see your Dr.)
    3.) You are not drinking enough water. Along with hunger dehydration can cause nasty head hurts. (see your Dr.)
    4.) Sleep too much or not enough can give you head aches. More often then not it is lack of sleep not too much. (see your Dr.)
    5.) You did an excercise that caused you head to be jarred. Very mild concusion. ...sorry for spelling...(see your Dr.)
    6.) Stress. (see your Dr.)
    7.) Eye strain. From the sun or the computer, or from bad reading glasses or lack of glasses when you need them. You will notice this if it starts to get worse after you have been looking at a computer screen all day. (see your Dr.)
    Needless to say for most things that your head hurts might be from, Go see your doctor to be on the safe side.
    --Diann... PS I hope you feel spiffy again soon :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    What about your water intake? Dehydration, even on a minor level, can cause headaches.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i get them if i dont eat enuf as i suffer with low blood sugar or when i get dehydrated

but when i changed my diet to a healthy one i found onions and eggs were a trigger as well as the normal stuff like cheese chocolate etc