Best time to check weight

Options
I have found that my weight flactuates throughout the day. the number is different first thing in the morning, after a bowel movement and a bath and after a meal.

What is the best time to stand on the scale on weigh-in day?

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I have found that my weight flactuates throughout the day. the number is different first thing in the morning, after a bowl movement and a bath and after a meal.

Under similar conditions.

So I jump out of bed first thing on a Monday morning, have a pee and weigh myself naked. As long as I do the same thing every time it's a like for like comparison and I can track a trend (whether I'm trying to lose or gain).

The trend over time is the thing rather than a single accurate weight measurement (which probably doesn't exist due to fluid variation, etc).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I have found that my weight flactuates throughout the day. the number is different first thing in the morning, after a bowel movement and a bath and after a meal.

you're overthinking this. just follow jimmer's advice above.
  • Delitebabe
    Delitebabe Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Coltsforlife
    Coltsforlife Posts: 124
    Options
    I have found that my weight flactuates throughout the day. the number is different first thing in the morning, after a bowl movement and a bath and after a meal.

Under similar conditions.

So I jump out of bed first thing on a Monday morning, have a pee and weigh myself naked. As long as I do the same thing every time it's a like for like comparison and I can track a trend (whether I'm trying to lose or gain).

The trend over time is the thing rather than a single accurate weight measurement (which probably doesn't exist due to fluid variation, etc).

True