Change Your Mindset

Options
tumblr_m088y3Ykmu1qizhaoo1_500.gif

"I've fallen off the wagon."
"I screwed up yesterday - so I binged all afternoon."
"I've got a party this weekend, so I'll start over on Monday."
"I do so well for 2 - 3 weeks and then I just can't do it anymore."
"Every night I overeat by snacking - why try?

Change your mindset.

Instead of always framing things as "quitting and re-starting" - start thinking of this simply as your life. Start seeing yourself as normal. We all have minutes, even days, when we are off our game - but we don't stop. The key to success is seeing that normal is okay and being perfect is NEVER going to happen. My Mom used to call this "stick-to-it-tiveness". We use it successfully in other parts of our lives - marriage, work, raising children, sports. But for some reason, we give ourselves permission to stop doing the one important thing - getting healthy. One small misstep and we throw in the towel. We let our brain tell us it's too hard. We're too weak.

Change your mindset.

Make your goals and keep moving in the direction you need to go. Stop starting over. Realize that there is no end zone and that these changes need to become habits. Once they become habits - you know you're on your way to changing your life. If you do this, it gets easier. You have control over the food - it doesn't control you. You make your choices. You train - without that voice prattling on in your head about how you look ridiculous, how you'll never reach your goals. Shut that crap talk down.

Change your mindset.

Your mindset is critical. This is not a game that you can start and stop. It's your life. Take your power back. This is the perfect day. Do it.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    :)

Bump
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    IN
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I like this a lot. I also came to the same realizatin. For years, it was "I'll start <insert day>". That was always preceeded by eating as much as I could/whatever I wanted until my designated start day. Every little thing set me off and the cycle repeated. I was always starting over until I stopped.

Nice post :flowerforyou:

Thank you. I only wish I had learned this years ago.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Your mindset is critical. This is not a game that you can start and stop. It's your life. Take your power back. This is the perfect day. Do it.

I love this! I had to quote that last part. The day I realized I had overcome emotional/binge eating, I thought "Wow, this is what it feels like to be normal!" I guess I was normal all along.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

I love this! I had to quote that last part. The day I realized I had overcome emotional/binge eating, I thought "Wow, this is what it feels like to be normal!" I guess I was normal all along.

This was one of my biggest revelations, too. Knowing that I control what I eat and when was very empowering. I felt so weak before - so aggravated at my behavior. Now, I can relax - not look for an end day - just enjoy the ride and not stress.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    This. All of this. ❤️❤️
  • ItIsNotAboutU
    Options
    This could come in handy!

Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    :smooched:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I wish I had learned this years ago!

post.jpg

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    "There is no end-zone." Good way to put it. That sums up nicely the mindset I've been trying so hard to achieve lately.

But the Free Your Mind gif is appalling. Why can't I stop staring at it? :laugh:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I love this.

Don't wait to start again tomorrow or Monday, get back on track when you have your next meal.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just like if you're tired of starting over, then stop quitting.

Love this post! :flowerforyou:
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I love this ????????
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Mackie25
    Mackie25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The determination we put forth to change gives us the best rewards in life! Thanks for sharing this!!!

27990215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter