Exercise and Wii

Options
I have never had any luck exercising. Over the years I have a bought many pieces of equipment and they never hold my interest long. Most recently when I decided I was finally going to start exercising I started on my Total Gym and once again after a few days gave up. After finding MFP and having a place to watch my calories and exercise I'm finally excited about losing weight. We got the Wii a few days ago and it came with Wii Sports, I have been doing boxing and bowling on it and they are fun, but I know doing them twice a day, I'm going to get tired of them soon too. I have spent all weekend reading about other games for it, but can't decide on one to try. So what one game would you recommend for a beginner?

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    When I started I did 10 mins in the morning and 10 mins in the evening - Wii Fit Plus using the Advanced Step exercise. There are lots of aerobic, strength, yoga, balance exercises that should keep you interested for quite some time. I now do the Free Run and Free Step - but I love the Rythmn Boxing too. Lots on MFP say the EA Sports Active for Wii is great too - I may get that next. I also have the Biggest Loser for Wii, Jilliam Michaels Fitness Untimatium 2010, Just Dance and Just Dance 2. I have fun and burn lots of calories with these (I now bike ride, water aerobics, Zumba and other exercises too). Good luck!
  • scottjames84
    Options
    I recommend EA Sports Active; I love it but I would wait until the 19th when EA Sports Active 2.0 comes out with a heart rate monitor and more exercises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCpqcbIw_Z4
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I recommend EA Sports Active; I love it but I would wait until the 19th when EA Sports Active 2.0 comes out with a heart rate monitor and more exercises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCpqcbIw_Z4

It actually came out on the 16th, because I bought it today. Boy did it kick my a**