Post-Vacation Weight loss

Options
I spent a couple years eating 1200-1400 cals, stalled completely and discovered Eat More to Weigh Less. The philosophy behind it is after doing low calorie diets pretty consistently for a long period of time, it loses its effect and your metabolism adjusts to hold on to the weight, thus the recommendation of spending a few weeks on maintenance calories to rebuild your appetite, then cutting back again to a less severe deficit. I built up to maintenance and stayed that way for a bit, a process that took me over a month. Then, a few weeks before going on vacation, I had a mini freak out because I was bloated from eating so much that I cut a little bit (around a 15% deficit) to look good in my swimsuit. I only dropped a couple pounds in those few weeks, which didn't make me too happy, but I packed a bikini anyway. Over my vacation I spent a lot of time walking and hiking, especially in sand. I ate takeout a few times, but for the most part we cooked on the grill and ate fresh fruits and veggies. I didn't log for most of the week, so I really have no clue how much I ate. After I came back, I gained a couple pounds. But, as I went back to my routine, the weight shed pretty quickly. I am now down 5 lbs. in two weeks and confused in a good way. Obviously, some of it was water weight, but I definitely see a difference, especially in my face. I can also use heavier weights in my legs when working out. Has this pleasant surprise happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how this can happen?

Replies