NSV - Getting rid of clothes...

Options
So, I just went through all my old fat clothes....my security blankets! I was able to fill six and a half Costco garbage bags with old clothes that are just too darn big.

I'm a little apprehensive in actually getting rid of them...what if I get fat again? Granted, I've only lost 27 pounds, but I've gone from a 24 to a 20 (holy smokes, I can't remember the last time I was in a 20!) and they are just too big to get away with looking decent anymore. I feel like there's no looking back for me now, so in reality, those clothes will forever be to big for me.

Anyone else have second thoughts about actually PARTING with the clothes? I'm in completely new territory here and just feeling a little bit...hmm, not sure how to describe what I'm feeling!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Get rid of the crutch! Motivation that you can never go back there again!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Good on you honey!!! Remember once you get down to goal weight you will be even smaller!

Throw em out... if you ever backslide then just come back on here!!! =]
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. Everyime I ditch a pair of pants, I have this little pang of fear that makes me doubt myself. Get rid of 'em! You'll be glad you did.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    yes.

I am getting rid of them tomorrow actually. I met a woman today who has lost 134 pounds and she can't afford new clothes so I'm hooking a sista up. I'm taking all of the clothes that I wore when I was 80 pounds heavier and I'm giving them to her. I've been afraid to let them go- as if I give them away I will immediate get fat and need them again. This is DUMB but it's how I've rationalized keeping them. Tomorrow they get a new home. (Except maybe one pair of pants for the stretched out pants before/after).
  • GrammiBarb
    Options
    Getting rid of your clothes seems to help, emotionally and mentally, to show yourself that you are doing it!

Some people suggest that you keep one of your largest sizes to see how far you have come.

Congratulations!!!
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel...I must tell you that I have saved my "fat" clothes 3 different times over the last 9 years...always thinking one day...WHAT IF I needed them....when I got rid of 6 bags a year ago, and 3 bags about 6 months ago...I was terrified. Knowing that if anything happened I could not replace the clothes I had just given away....even though I was beyond thrilled to be OUT OF A 28!(A tight 28, needing a 30, which scared me so bad:noway: ) Almost 23 months ago, I was at my highest weight...336...I looked at myself in the mirror, and promised myself, that WHATEVER was too big, I would get rid of it immediately, as they were no longer needed for the healthier me, and my fantastic lifestyle change. I Have NEVER regretted it, but I have been scared. Inside my head I still feel/look/am 35+lbs heavier...but in the present moment, I have lost so many inches that my underwear are so big that I am no longer able to wear them, and I pulled a pair of jeans out of the closet that were a 22 last night, and they ZIPPED....And I had room. I was so happy with myself, and it only renewed my strong feelings that "holding" onto the crutch for a "just in case" is not healthy...This proves that we do not have faith in ourselves, and then we ARE BOUND to fail...So here's to CHUCKING ALL OUR FAT CLOTHES TO GOODWILL:drinker: and saying goodbye with a smile, and the hopes of a brighter, healthier future!:bigsmile:
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yes.

I am getting rid of them tomorrow actually. I met a woman today who has lost 134 pounds and she can't afford new clothes so I'm hooking a sista up. I'm taking all of the clothes that I wore when I was 80 pounds heavier and I'm giving them to her. I've been afraid to let them go- as if I give them away I will immediate get fat and need them again. This is DUMB but it's how I've rationalized keeping them. Tomorrow they get a new home. (Except maybe one pair of pants for the stretched out pants before/after).

Oh my goodness...Nice to know I am not the only person who was rationalizing it to myself like this!! CONGRATULATIONS on giving your clothes a new home =D Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!