Just introducing myself to the community

Hi all! I am enjoying the MFP food diary and exercise diary part of the site so I thought to check out the forums. I like what I see, lots of encouraging people.
I am 47, have 4 kids from 31 to almost 18 and 6 grandchildren under age 7. I have several health issues, namely hypothyroid, which has kept on the excess weight from my last baby almost 18 years ago! lol....

I am now taking a new medicine for the hypothyroid issue and so far it's working better than anything else is over 10 years. I have energy and that motivates me. I've lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks, I'm walking almost every day with my husband, who is trying to get in shape and not have to take medicine for hypertension. He is about 180 and 5'11". I am 5'3" so my 191 pounds shows more on me. hahaha...

I want to get healthy and in shape. I barely have stamina to keep up with life and that has to change. I am a SAHW/M and I like it that way. I will be doing some volunteer work to get me out of the house a few days a week.

I know sitting and doing nothing will not make me happy nor get me in shape. I want to live well for the rest of my life.

I'm in the lose 50+ club on here and if you want to add me, go ahead. I need all the support I can get. I will give it as well.

Replies