1 year, 100 lbs lost! (w/pictures)

Options
alliana07
alliana07 Posts: 13 Member
In about 4 days, I will have logged into MFP for the 365th time, which means I'll have been doing this new healthy lifestyle for exactly one year! Luckily, today when I stepped on the scale, I realized I had hit my first major goal just a few days before hitting that 1 year mark. When I first started trying to lose weight on MFP, I was skeptical. In the past, I've always been the sort of person that 'tried' to diet for a week or so or gave up, or maybe made it to a month on a really good try. I even tried the calorie counting thing in the past, with Sparkpeople. So when I started on here, I set my goal to 100lbs, thinking that was a tough-but-reasonable goal that I could reach eventually. I don't know if it was MFP entirely, because I think a part of it was that I was finally in the mindspace where I wanted to really try and push and do this. (Because if YOU don't really want to, it'll never work, despite how much other people try and push you.) ANYWAY, thanks to cutting down majorly on my calories, eating better, drinking lots of water, and trying to work out (I'm still bad at that), while also not completely cutting myself off from things I love... I've done it! I've lost 100.8lbs and hit my first goal! I've also gone down about 3-4 clothing sizes, possibly more since it's so hard to tell with women's clothing. Two weeks ago I went clothing shopping and ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT. Wow! Anyway, here are some progress pictures... with my actual weight listed, which I still feel weird doing but here goes.

A few months before starting, at... somewhere around 397lbs. This is actually a few months before I started my weight loss journey, but it's pretty much the only body picture I have from that time. I used to hate taking pictures of myself:

1328278685484_zpsa24ee70d.jpg

I started my journey in July, so here I was in November, having lost 45lbs or so:

bodymid_zpsb78b71fe.jpg

Moving on to a fun animated gif I made when I'd lost about 75lbs total:

tumblr_inline_n2jucgszEn1r1iyun.gif

And finally, here I am in the last week or so, just shy of the 100lb mark! I was about 298 then, and I just hit 296 or so today! (Sorry for the slightly blurry picture quality of the first one, it's the best I have!)

bodynew_zpse594c23d.jpg

tumblr_n7ojsbA63c1r539fdo1_500.jpg

And just for comparison, here is a before and after face shot:

face_zpsd2e0f893.jpg

You know, it's so amazing to me looking back at those older pictures. I never remember being so big or FEELING quite so big, but when I look back at them I'm just like... holy crap! I still don't feel like I've come so far, but pictures help. So anyway, onward to my next goal of 250, and then maybe 200, and after that we'll see... because to be honest, I like myself with at least SOME curves, and I've never wanted to get super thin. (I already feel super thin, comparatively!)

Good luck to all of you on your journeys, too, and feel free to follow me! (And please be gentle if you can, this is one of the first times I've posted my actual weight numbers online rather than just the loss amounts, it makes me so nervous! I know I'm still big, okay. Thanks!]

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great progress so far! :flowerforyou:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You've worked hard and it clearly shows. Way to go!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Making great progress. Keep it up!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and great dedication!! :flowerforyou:
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous work!
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations -- these are such an inspiration.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    I loved your success story. You have come so far and look fantastic. I bet you feel so much better. Keep up your hard work. Well done
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. You look great. thanks for sharing.
  • deevah62
    deevah62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Good for you.
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a huge milestone!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! You must be so proud!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look GORGEOUS!! Congratulations and happy INDEPENDENCE day :)
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your hard work and dedication has paid off/is paying off! :flowerforyou:
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • lenarashminraj
    lenarashminraj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your hard work and dedication has paid off.. thanks for sharing story, its a great inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishments !

Love the pictures ....... enjoy the rest of your life :drinker:
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Beautiful
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thank you for posting this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!