New and a bit scared!

Options
Hi

I am a little daunted/intimidated by all you (very probably) lovely people! I have been very sad lately and have felt very alone in my struggle to cope with being in my body. However, I am braving it with thorough and solid determination now. So just want to say 'hello' and that it would be really nice to make some friends here - people who can be motivating but who can also understand how hard it can be sometimes. :smile:

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Hi, back! Welcome! I sent you a friend request & will gladly help motivate!
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I find that most people here are really motivating and friendly. It really does help to add friends that are going through the same thing as you because they know that every pound you lose is a huge accomplishment. Its awesome to see people celebrating with you as they "like" your status that says, "You have lost 2 lbs this week!" They are also like accountability partners, sort of like AA for dieters!

I will say that there are a few select cynical people who have been here forever and feel that they have the right to be snarky with people just because they are "vets" at this. They see the same kind of newbies saying the same stuff over and over so they can get kind of cranky haha.