I just need to vent! Bad influences...

Options

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Currently there is a chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting sitting on the panel that seperates my desk from his and I told him I don't want it but he won't move it! I just don't understand why people won't respect others that are trying to be healthy!

Thanks for the vent....I havent been on here in a long long time and have fallen way off the wagon :(

Ok, first..it's only been 2 weeks. Take a breath :wink:
    Second, tip that *kitten* over onto *his* side of the desk with a big stupid OOOOooops.
    Apologize profusely while making a half-@ssed attempt at cleaning it up, thereby making a bigger mess, making sure to get some chocolate mixed into the frosting.
    Dump said fallen treat into the garbage & lick fingers while walking away.

Problem solved :laugh: Just become a total spas every time sugary treats are offered despite your mouth saying no & your eyes saying yes....oh, and get to the gym!!!

:drinker:
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If someone put junk on my desk and I were in a nice mood, I would put it in the trash can immediately.
    If I were in a bad mood, I would wait for the right opportunity and throw it at their head.

OK, I almost fell on the floor! :laugh:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    He is just jelos
  • YamaMaya1
    YamaMaya1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Next time he leaves a cupcake on your desk or on the barrier, just put it back on his...upside down. If you eat it you sre accepting this behavior, that should be motivation enough not to. People who try to get you to make poor choices do so because they don't want you to outshine them. Show them you are stronger than their petty taunts.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    A lot of people may think that they're just being friendly just like the toddler offering to share their half eaten crisp with you (yuck!)

Keep politely declining and leave it behind. You don't have to eat the cake! In our office people bring in cakes and other confectionary for birthdays. I find it a personal achievement when I avoid it. Maybe start looking at it from that perspective?

He isn't being friendly LOL he is doing it to taunt me. I know this for a fact.

I got rid of it....I just keep thinking only 1 more week until I'm out of this place!!!

either:

a) Spit on it. Hand it back.

or

b) Throat punch him.

or a combo of the above....
  • ClinicalTrial
    ClinicalTrial Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I SPECIFICALLY say I DO NOT WANT ONE!

If you believed what you're saying, you'd simply throw it in the trash. You'd not be overstepping in doing so since you have already made concerted efforts to tell the coworker to back off.

So do it - throw it out. Otherwise, you are lying.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Find out what food he doesn't like and start bringing it to him and act all offended when he rejects it. That or just toss the cupcake, although I'd hate to waste a perfectly good cupcake with buttercream icing. Yum!

Buy a case of Vienna sausages, crack open a can and leave it on his desk.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Find out what food he doesn't like and start bringing it to him and act all offended when he rejects it. That or just toss the cupcake, although I'd hate to waste a perfectly good cupcake with buttercream icing. Yum!

Buy a case of Vienna sausages, crack open a can and leave it on his desk.

Vienna sausages are the bomb. Love them with navy biscuits.
  • LSinVA
    LSinVA Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If he knows you've lost weight and you're trying to keep it off, he's just being a d-bag. He thinks your reaction to food is funny so he continues to do it. Just throw it in the trash. Every time. I wouldn't eat it. Eat treats on your own terms when you decide you want one. Don't let some jerk tempt you.
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So next time move it for him, to the trash. That will (probably) get him to stop offering.

I was thinking the same thing!!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Throw them away. Problem solved. He puts something on your desk that you don't want then just throw it away.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I started doing crossfit (and before I get any crossfit haters...I just need something structured so I don't slack off) and I was eating VERY healthy! I got rid of all my belly bloat and was looking good! Then I started having to work 6 days a week for a project at work. I managed to maintain my healthy eating with a few cheats here and there.

The Project has extended and I am now working 7 days a week (just at 70 hours a week) and mix in a move on top of that. I haven't worked out in over 2 weeks and when the project extended food was catered pretty often and because I was too tired to cook at home I ate it.

Now I'm trying to get healthy again and get back to the gym, the project ends in a week. HOWEVER I have a co-worker who is a bad influence. He sets candybars and cupcakes and stuff on my desk after I SPECIFICALLY say I DO NOT WANT ONE! I don't have very good self control when it comes to sweets.

Currently there is a chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting sitting on the panel that seperates my desk from his and I told him I don't want it but he won't move it! I just don't understand why people won't respect others that are trying to be healthy!

Thanks for the vent....I havent been on here in a long long time and have fallen way off the wagon :(

You have options and you own that body so what goes in is totally your choice... I understand I have a roommate that does this, I've learned to make the freezer my friend or the garbage can is... Some people think it won't hurt you, or like many (including on here) they think they know what is right for you... so here are your options at work, you can, as someone said put it in your calorie count and eat it, you can offer it to someone else or put it in the break room... or you can garbage can it. I hate to waste food but I hate to hurt my body too and trust me if he sees it in the can a few times he'll stop.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others. He is probably doing it because he is a d-bag and thinks your reactions are funny. When it places it their, don't say a word to him, just put it in the garbage and continue with your day. If he asks why you put it in the trash I would only respond with "Thanks for the offer but I didn't want it". I wouldn't continue to argue with him if he response back. He will eventually stop and the people around your office will realize how childish he is.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If you don't want it and he says he doesn't want it, throw it away. Maybe then he'll get the hint. He most likely wants you to eat this stuff so he won't feel guilty for eating it himself.

This!
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    He most likely wants you to eat this stuff so he won't feel guilty for eating it himself.

I had a colleague who had gone through fad diet after fad diet... The last one was very successful according to her, if you can count a 500kcal VLCD as a success. She hadn't tackled the original reasons for her weight and so she gained it all back after. She then went on a sustained campaign of trying to get me to eat cake with her, it must have really hurt to be going in the opposite way but she wouldn't take advice from anyone.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So as to NOT start WWIII... I would get a basket, bin etc... from somewhere in the office.. put the food in it.. and put in the common area with a note. FOr Everyone.. Please Enjoy!

You are doing something nice and you don't have to see it!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    that's terrible. I would throw them in the trash and make sure he sees me do it. maybe once he sees his money going in the garbage he will stop
  • viva_la_mandee
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have been losing weight for about 3 months, and have been off of sweets for that long. Whenever my best friend and I hang out, she always wants to go get candy or ice cream or cupcakes. The will power is so hard to muster up sometimes.

Did you two eat junk food together before you started your healthy lifestyle? He might be trying to throw you off so he doesn't lose his junk food buddy. I feel like that is what is happening with my bff and I.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Leave it there. At the end of the day, thank him for the willpower test. Then eye him up and down with the thought that he could try it himself sometime.

Yes, I'm evil.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My goodness if that's what it takes for you to vent then your lucky. Several above have said it...throw it away and move on girl.