Ready to be a New Me (F/18/5'1")

Options
ELizzyKD
ELizzyKD Posts: 19 Member
Hello all! I'm Liz and probably one of the younger ones around here. I just graduated high school a few week ago and I'm starting college in mid-August. I was a normal weight in kindergarten. In 1st grade I gained more weight, but I think it was just normal getting older weight. I weighed 20-30lbs more than my female classmates up until the summer going into 5th grade. Note that I was also the tallest girl in the class. I also started my period earlier as well. Summer into 5th grade I lost 13.5lbs at Camp Pocono Trails Weight Loss Camp in PA. I went from the 180s to the 160s. I haven't been under 170 since then. I was also bullied like crazy for being fat.

I maintained that weight up until the the end of 6th grade. Some mental health issues landed me in a psychiatric hospital for two weeks. They put me on seroquel for anxiety/depression. I gained 20+ pounds in a little over a month and was a zombie during the day. I started middle school at 190.

dlErBsR.png

I've been around 195 for the past few years. I dreaded going to the pediatrician because I would always get the "You're overweight. You're going to get diabetes and you're unhealthy. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE." Yes, I have had doctors tell me I am going to die. At age 13.

Marching band and color guard provided enough exercise during the summer and fall. Winter guard kept me active, but not as much as fall guard. I lost 20lbs during marching season 2012.

Okay so now that you've read some of my life, here are my fitness stuff:
- My goal weight is 140 for now. After I lose that much, I'll reevaluate.
- I have PCOS. I have flat feet, as do my mother and sister. This makes for achy feet after a long walk/jog
- Doing keto and trying to do cardio as much as I can which is about 3 times a week.

I have NEVER worn a bikini. A two-piece when I was 6 doesn't count. If I can wear a bikini I will be happy with my weight. Also the whole 'being healthy' thing.

Thanks for reading! :)

Anyone want to be my friend?? Any fellow college or graduate students?

Replies

• KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 years old, starting my 2nd semester of college in the fall (I started a semester late). Friend me if you'd like!