Stress and hunger

Options
I have been doing final exams these past 2 weeks and have realised that i am always HUNGRY!!!! is it linked to stress?? i am in my calorie intake restriction but i switched to maintanence so am aware that i am eating more.. i feel really bad cuz i dont have time to exercise.. BUT my question is does anyone find that under exams/ stressful situations that they are INCREASINGLY hungry!!!!
:ohwell:

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I have been doing final exams these past 2 weeks and have realised that i am always HUNGRY!!!! is it linked to stress?? i am in my calorie intake restriction but i switched to maintanence so am aware that i am eating more.. i feel really bad cuz i dont have time to exercise.. BUT my question is does anyone find that under exams/ stressful situations that they are INCREASINGLY hungry!!!!
    :ohwell:
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm actually the opposite. I don't eat at all when I get stressed.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i think i do feel hungrier when i'm stressed, i also tend to nibble more (eat without thinking) when i'm stressed. i've found the best way for me to not nibble is to drink giant mug of herbal tea. it fills my stomach and keeps my hands and mouth busy.

good luck on your finals:flowerforyou:

man, i'm glad i'm done with school:drinker:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    thanks so much for the good luck wish!!!
    i really hate this! i dont want to weigh myself ill exams are over but i feel like i have put on some weight! :sad:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm also a full-time student (until June!) so I've been there a lot lately.

Are you also staying up later to study? When our bodies get tired, we often substitute food for the sleep we need. If you'd usually be asleep at a given hour, you're more likely to overeat then if you're awake.

Or maybe you're feeling anxious? While some eat when they feel depressed, I actually eat more when I feel anxious. I get munchy - like I need to chew on something. And it gets worse if I have more coffee!

So, if you're tired, let yourself sleep! It does wonders for your ability to retain information.
    And if you're anxious, take a walk or make a phone call to get yourself relaxed again.

Good luck on your exams!
    YP