what're you doing with your stimulus check

Options
emtink
emtink Posts: 387 Member
i'm paying off my contractor:grumble:

what's everyone else doing with theirs? i'm curious how many people actually plan on spending theirs on stuff they don't need vs people saving it or paying off debt (like me)...

Replies

• emtink
    Options
    i'm paying off my contractor:grumble:

what's everyone else doing with theirs? i'm curious how many people actually plan on spending theirs on stuff they don't need vs people saving it or paying off debt (like me)...
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    saving, but I still haven't gotten mine! :grumble:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Went to see my daughter in Argentina. Awesome trip!
  • emtink
    Options
    Went to see my daughter in Argentina. Awesome trip!

oh fun!!

i'm jealous:tongue:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm going to splurge and buy a pair of dress shoes then the rest will go on my credit card bill.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    WIth my job, my hours have been cut back, so we are spending ours on child care for the summer. I wish we could save it but at least it is there when we need it.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    sending my 2 youngest to summer camp! yeah:happy: and the rest will be going to the savings account.
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    well im doing what its meant to do...be spent! But ill spend it on stocking up on groceries, laundry detergent, formula for the baby, diapers etc etc
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Two thirds of it will be going into our emergency fund.

The rest of it will go towards the get our house painted fund.

I so wish we were financially in a position to "stimulate" the economy. I'd get a new pc!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am saving mine, I am taking half of my sons and put it in his college fund his other 150 is going to clothes they grow so quickly
  • emtink
    Options
    Two thirds of it will be going into our emergency fund.

The rest of it will go towards the get our house painted fund.

I so wish we were financially in a position to "stimulate" the economy. I'd get a new pc!

me too. i feel unpatriotic not spending it on bellydance costumes:tongue:

i'm glad to here quite a few people are spending theirs on fun stuff!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Mine was deposited in my account on Friday morning, and I had clicked "Make My Purchase" on a new MacBook by 3:00 that afternoon. Should be here this week!!

I'm just being a good citizen... :tongue:
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I am going to buy a gym membership.. the rest to pay bill and food
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm a curious Canadian - how much money are you guys talking about??? Does every American get this??? Sounds good to me...
    :smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    well im doing what its meant to do...be spent! But ill spend it on stocking up on groceries, laundry detergent, formula for the baby, diapers etc etc

OH yeah...I'm gonna take a couple hundred and fill the freezer.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm a curious Canadian - how much money are you guys talking about??? Does every American get this??? Sounds good to me...

Everyone who filed a tax return gets it. Individuals get $600 a peice, so a married couple gets $1200. Then you get $300 for each child.

We're getting $1200, which will be used to put back into our account the money we had to take out to pay taxes! :mad:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    We got $1500 and it was pretty much already spent when we purchased airline tickets to see family out West in July! Paid off a few bills too.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Everyone who filed a tax return gets it. Individuals get $600 a peice, so a married couple gets $1200. Then you get $300 for each child.

We're getting $1200, which will be used to put back into our account the money we had to take out to pay taxes! :mad:

Thanks for answering :smile: That's pretty good!!! :tongue:
  • sharimarie
    sharimarie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If we ever get the dang thing, my husband and I are going to Texas in a couple of weeks.....

Still no sign, based off of the last 2 of my SS# it should have been deposited on May 2nd direct deposit....nothing yet. *SIGH* :grumble:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I admit, I did buy a nice skirt that fits the new me. Otherwise I bought a gym membership with personal trainer for the summer, and the rest I will donate to a non-profit that helps African girls with school fees in Zambia where I used to live.