Whoops! Finished maintenance calories before 1pm

Options
I'm maintaining on roughly 1700 calories a day. Today I woke up and ate like 700 calories for breakfast (I am a HUGE breakfast eater and the bulk of my calories are in breakfast. I ate my weight in wholegrain rice cakes topped with bananas, medjool date and nuts, fruits like apricots, grapes, and blueberries). I continued to snack throughout the morning and by lunch I have eaten smoked salmon, falafels, raw veggies, almond milk, more rice cakes. I have eaten around 1700 calories and it is 1pm. Sounds ridiculous but my stomach is a bottomless pit! Yet I'm a measly 5'4 :\ 1700 calories is not hard to hit with things like dates, nuts, falafels, and bananas.

I won't be able to exercise today because my family and I are actually kind of on vacation. I will be hanging out with my family so I will not get some time to exercise. Any idea how I could still save this day? Do you think it'd be possible to fast for the rest of the day?! Or should I just say screw it and continue as normal?

note: I deleted today's diary entries in shame. I've deleted quite a lot of days because I've been trying to quit eh

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is going to be o.k. Stuff happens.

Step one: input your foods in the diary in order to keep up a good habit you are establishing for yourself
    Step two: take a walk or nap or anything to take a break from food (and people?)
    Step three: plan to eat a regular amount for dinner that includes protein.
    Step four: start over tomorrow.

That is what we do. We do the best we can one day. And then hope we can do better the next day.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Just try to eat healthy for the rest of the day, but don't starve yourself! Log it and start fresh tomorrow. Fasting may lead you to want to repeat this and eat most of your calories first thing tomorrow morning.
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You already had 1700! You don't NEED to have more food today! I too like large quantities so I avoid high calorie foods that don't give me the satisfaction emotionally! I can make a massive sand which with ham, cheeses, and veges and feel like I ate a lot or i can eat a handful of nuts! I go for the big sand which!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    First off, if you're not logging - you will never know what you're doing. Ignorance is bliss they say - but you will never lose weight being in the dark.

Second, yes you have overdone it this morning, but you DO NOT NEED TO SKIP MEALS. When you start skipping meals and getting more hungry - you will just binge more. Also, punishing yourself for overeating early in the day is a very unhealthy mindset. It can lead to unhealthy views in your eating habits and start you down a road that you don't want to travel.

For today, eat a normal supper and then keep moving forward. Learn to log your food - every bite, every day. Weigh (with a scale) and measure (with cups/spoons) and then get out and move. Do something you love to do.

Here are some links I encourage you to read. This is not rocket science - set up a plan that will work for you and be sustainable. Food is not your enemy. It's fuel for your body.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    First off, if you're not logging - you will never know what you're doing. Ignorance is bliss they say - but you will never lose weight being in the dark.

Second, yes you have overdone it this morning, but you DO NOT NEED TO SKIP MEALS. When you start skipping meals and getting more hungry - you will just binge more. Also, punishing yourself for overeating early in the day is a very unhealthy mindset. It can lead to unhealthy views in your eating habits and start you down a road that you don't want to travel.

For today, eat a normal supper and then keep moving forward. Learn to log your food - every bite, every day. Weigh (with a scale) and measure (with cups/spoons) and then get out and move. Do something you love to do.

Here are some links I encourage you to read. This is not rocket science - set up a plan that will work for you and be sustainable. Food is not your enemy. It's fuel for your body.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

This. Definitely this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Log consistently.
    Relax.
    Before you go to bed, do this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
    It shouldn't take more than 20 or 30 minutes. There are plenty of ways to exercise when the regular routine is interrupted. It may not be as intense or focused as what you're used to, but it is something at least.
    Relax.

tumblr_m66y7wdCCC1rty504o1_500.png
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Eat a normal dinner.
    Log everything.
    Start over tomorrow. Take an extra long walk.
    Stuff happens. It will be okay. It's not doing it once that gets you.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, except the person saying you don't need anymore food, as if you somehow committed a crime.
    Just eat a normal dinner... no big deal. So what, you ate a bit more than usual. Happens to almost everyone, only people who are naturally slim and do not log would not even notice. It will balance out eventually, I am sure.
    Also, I think your choices were very healthy... nice job on that.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You already had 1700! You don't NEED to have more food today!
    I disagree with this statement. The call for more/no more food is 100% up to the original poster.

OP, we all over do it sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourself. Eat a small dinner, call it a day, and realize that tomorrow is a brand new day. By the way, to maintain weight, it's the end week balance that counts.