SAHM 11/15/2010 to 11/21/2010

2»

Replies

• NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Hello! I'm so happy!! The scale finally started moving in the right direction again! I lost half a pound from last week! I know it's not much, but when I've been seeing the scale not move or slowly creep up, that half a pound is great! Now once I can get down below 155, I'll be really happy. That's another 3 pounds.

Tony took Saturday off from the Renaissance Festival so we could all go as a family. We had so much fun! The kids got to ride a camel again this year. The kids wore their Halloween costumes. DS was a knight and DD was a witch, but when you leave the hat off, it looks totally Renaissance.

I'm looking forward to a good week. I'm going running today even though it's cooler and rainy. My goal is to start back into Shred this week. I plan to do the Shred DVD on the days I don't run. I HAVE to lose some weight by the 3rd week of January. Our church is doing a new directory, and I don't want my picture taken like this!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

That's hilarious about the church directory!!! Only because my last church directory photo was wretched!!! I tried wearing black to make me look smaller...there isn't enough black in the world for that!! Hope my church waits at least another 6 months before updating but I don't know we just changed youth/associate pastors so they may want their picture in. Who knows!!!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    I'd like to join the group :) I have 11 pounds till my goal! I'm also a SAHM to my 15 month old. :)
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Hello,

My name is Tristy and I would like to join too! I am a SAHM with three girls, ages 6, 3, and 1. There never seems to be enough time in the day! Between getting my oldest to school, my middle to preschool, my youngest to nap on time, working out, my school work and helping my husband and brother with their businesses, it doens't leave much "fun" time! I am relatively new to MFP, within the last month and so far so good, but the past two days I have been haunted by Peanut M&Ms. Yesterday I went way over my calories for the first time since starting MFP. Today I stayed within my calories, but just barely. One day at a time, I guess! See you around the board!

Tristy
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Nicole~BLECK!!!:sick: Scooping poo is never fun but I can only imagine how bad that would be in the shower.

Nikki~way to go on the loss!

Aneajo~I hate those days the kids "eat me alive". Have you tried crystal light to replace the pop?

Amy~Way to go on the loss and the running! Good luck with the goal you can do it!

Stacey~I haven't been exercising like I would like either how about we challenge each other to one day a week? I know it would help me how about you?

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Tristy~Pretzel M&Ms are a weakness for me. I only get them once a month because when I do get therm they are gone in a "snap" keep in mind that is Costco size. :noway:

Today was a "fun" filled day of laundry, laundry and more laundry. :sad: Oh and did I say laundry?! :laugh: On a fun note me and the kids raked up the leaves in the front yard and played in them while we waited for dinner to get done.:happy: It was the "baby's"first time of playing in them since last year he was only a couple of months old. Of course mommy was snapping pictures of them playing in them. Well I got to get going. I will check in tomorrow and hopefully I get my tush in gear and do some exercise so that when I report back I can say that I did something. :wink: :laugh:
  • ErinMarie25
    Today was a "fun" filled day of laundry, laundry and more laundry. :sad: Oh and did I say laundry?! :laugh: On a fun note me and the kids raked up the leaves in the front yard and played in them while we waited for dinner to get done.:happy: It was the "baby's"first time of playing in them since last year he was only a couple of months old. Of course mommy was snapping pictures of them playing in them. Well I got to get going. I will check in tomorrow and hopefully I get my tush in gear and do some exercise so that when I report back I can say that I did something. :wink: :laugh:

Do you find yourself snapping pictures all the time or is it just me? LOL!
  • KatieM7
    Erin~there are times that I do snap pictures and then don't just depends on my mood and what is going on.
  • KatieM7
    Just wanted to pop in and say I did it! I finally got my "tush off the couch" and exercised this morning. It feels great to have done something. Well I got to go get ready for tonight me and the hubby are going to the Dave Ramsey classes. It truly has been a blessing to know how to change the way that we handle money so that we can one day be free from debt. Hope you ladies have a great rest of the day.
  • NikkiJ17
    Started the 30 day shred today and am pretty sure that Jillian is the devil!! :angry: But I made it through doing every move for the entire duration...if I had the energy I'd jump and down for joy, right now I just wanna fall into bed!! Tomorrow will be better, I think:huh: Good night all!!
  • Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    Good morning, y'all! I haven't been around lately, we had an 'Internet blackout' at my house for 5 days last week. Serves me right for switching providers and trying to save some money! But I am NOT paying $55 a month for Internet...seriously, that is how much my old provider was going to charge me. Forget it!

Today is younger daughter's birthday, the big 2!! So I have been up since 4 this morning baking cookies to take to the gym day care for special treat for everyone, and also doing laundry and getting some housecleaning done. My folks and grandma are going to be here tomorrow, then my brother is flying in the day after that. They will be here for about a week, for Thanksgiving! It's so nice to have family that will come see me, rather than wait on me to come see them for the holidays. It's like I'm the matriarch of the family at the ripe old age of 29~!:laugh:

We had to go up to Atlanta (again) yesterday, to meet with the plastic surgeon this time. He is going to be in the operating room, and as soon as the lipoma is removed from younger daughter's leg, he is going to do his thing and make the leg look as nice as possible, since there is probably going to be a lot of loose skin. We finally have a date for the surgery, January 4th. And SUPER news, our insurance is going to retroactively reimburse me for the milage for all these trips I've had to take to Atlanta! Woo!!

KatieM~way to go on the exercising, and the Dave Ramesy class! I am big on financal planning...go you!!

Stacey~one day at a time, you know? It's wonderful that you are challenging yourself, and it's great to hear that you have been yelling less. I know that it is a struggle for me as well to keep my temper with my 2 kids. You are not alone!:flowerforyou:

Nikki~yes. Yes, Jillian is the devil. :smile:
  • NikkiJ17
    Good morning fellow SAHMers!!! Hope everyone has a fantabulous day!!!!!
  • ErinMarie25
    Good morning. Got my workout in today before my 15 month old woke up which I love because I hate working out while she runs around her playroom next to me. LOL

I am having a bit of trouble with my weight loss right now. I have been fluctuating 121-123 pounds for almost 3 weeks and it's so frustrating! Not sure what to do. Tomorrow I am going to fast for 24 hours and see if that will confuse my body.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Hello ladies!

How is everyone doing?? I am doing much better than I was yesterday. Wednesday I got the flu shot, and all day yesterday I was knocked down with the flu, ugh! Didn't have a reaction last year to it, although I was prego with my lil guy last year....But now, my daughter has it and she had to miss school today. So, I'm in the process of cleaning up from yesterday and today and will be disinfecting everything today too.....My lil guy was sick on Tuesday and took him to the dr and found out he has bronchiolitis or baby version of bronchitis. It last for about 2 weeks and since he started the congestion last weekend, he's only got about a week to get over it, but he's doing much better than he was on Tuesday. So, we've had the sicknesses going around the house...hubby hasn't gotten anything bc he's a truck driver and has been gone all week (lucky him).

Other than that, not a lot going on. The weather has been cooler and its been harder getting out and getting the exercise I was getting and walking the mall just doesn't seem like I'm getting a workout although my friend and I are walking faster than we did the park and I'm not gaining nor losing weight, which is a good thing, but I'd rather be losing the weight.....

That's it for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend, incase I don't check back in.
  • NikkiJ17
    Erin - I would much rather binge and shock my body...Just kidding!!! I mean not kidding that I want to binge but kidding that I would do it!! Do be careful with fasting, you may send your body into survival mode. It will think it's starving so it will hold onto everything and not burn anything. Good luck!!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    GM Ladies! I have been crazy busy this week!:noway: I hope you are having a nice start to your Saturday!

DD is going with the bowling team overnight for their tournament tomorrow, so we are taking DS to see Megamind in 3D. He is going to love it!
  • KatieM7
    Home~Thank you! Sounds like you have a lot going on at your place. Good luck with the surgery let us know how it goes.

Erin~Call me crazy but I love to see my boys do my workouts with me. Of course mine that do it with me are older than your 15 mo old. They are 2 & 3 yo. My little guy that is 14 mo old I put him in his bouncer and have him play while I exercise.

Barb~Glad that you are feeling better.

Well it snowed here last night we got about 6 in. It is suppose to be snowing today, monday, and tuesday. Then clear up for wednesday for holiday travel. This next week is going to be a craaaaazzzy week for me. I have to go the the Driver's licsense division and take care of my DL, get a new tire for my van, have the van inspected (safety and emissions), and register my van and get it all done so that we can safely drive to my parents house on thursday. Most if not all of that being done tomorrow. :huh: :noway: I hope that I survive it. Hope you all had a great weekend.
  • NikkiJ17
    Well I just weighed in a lost another 3. I'm ecstatic!!!! I'm really proud of myself for sticking with this!!! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.