Hi - insanity

Hi All,

I'm just about to start Insanity and am new to this site and am a little confused.

I've put my lifestyle down as "sedentary" as I work in an office so my recommended calories are 1500 ish. Should I be putting a more active life style down for when I start my Insanity workouts on Monday? 1500 seems low as it would leave me with only 1000 calories a day to run my body because I'll burn 500 a workout (ish).

Replies

• dbflman
    dbflman Posts: 3
    Hi Don...I would say logically YES once you start your workouts for the reason you stated. I'm also going to send you a friend request so we can help each other out. I just started yesterday on here myself. My goal is to loose 30 lbs.
  • dbflman
    dbflman Posts: 3
    Oh BTW when I logged my yard work today - mowing the lawn, my chart adjusted for the calories burned and allowed more calories to consume today. That was cool.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hi All,

I'm just about to start Insanity and am new to this site and am a little confused.

I've put my lifestyle down as "sedentary" as I work in an office so my recommended calories are 1500 ish. Should I be putting a more active life style down for when I start my Insanity workouts on Monday? 1500 seems low as it would leave me with only 1000 calories a day to run my body because I'll burn 500 a workout (ish).

You should eat the calories that you burn from insanity.
  • Hi all,

Thanks for the advice :)

I'll be sure to log my activity although there is no specific Insanity exercises to select on here. I'll figure something out