Can Anyone Tell Me........

Scorpiomom222
Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Why it is that I weigh more AFTER exercise? I probably go UP 0.5-1 pound after exercise. Does anyone know?

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Errrr . . . you drinking water during the exercise? Probably more than you sweat out.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    I copied and pasted this and don't feeling like unshouting it. sorry he's screaming

YOU WEIGH MORE AFTER A WORKOUT BECAUSE ,YOUR MUSCLES EXPAND TO COPE WITH THE EXTRA BLOOD FLOW. ALSO,EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE LOSING SOME FLUIDS DURING CARDIOVASCULAR ACTIVITY, YOU USUALLY ARE DRINKING TO REPLACE MORE THAN YOU HAVE LOST . WITH MUSCLE EXPANSION AND INCREASED FLUID INTAKE YOU WILL WEIGH SEVERAL POUNDS MORE AFTER A WORKOUT. USUALLY THE EXTRA POUNDS GO AWAY IN A COUPLE OF HOURS.
  • ryanrpatel
    ryanrpatel Posts: 2 Member
    How often are you weighing yourself? I would recommend once a week in the AM when you first wake up. This will give you a better guideline to follow. Are you drinking 6 to 8 cups of water a day?
  • Scorpiomom222
    I copied and pasted this and don't feeling like unshouting it. sorry he's screaming

YOU WEIGH MORE AFTER A WORKOUT BECAUSE ,YOUR MUSCLES EXPAND TO COPE WITH THE EXTRA BLOOD FLOW. ALSO,EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE LOSING SOME FLUIDS DURING CARDIOVASCULAR ACTIVITY, YOU USUALLY ARE DRINKING TO REPLACE MORE THAN YOU HAVE LOST . WITH MUSCLE EXPANSION AND INCREASED FLUID INTAKE YOU WILL WEIGH SEVERAL POUNDS MORE AFTER A WORKOUT. USUALLY THE EXTRA POUNDS GO AWAY IN A COUPLE OF HOURS.

Well, thank you for the straightforward answer. haha
  • gambitsgurl

Well, thank you for the straightforward answer. haha

he needs less coffee
  • gambitsgurl
    ohhhhh and I don't know if you saw my answer but I did used to love Will Smith's daughter's song. BUT my girl is 11 and like ALL songs she played it till I wanted to slit my wrists.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    muscle expansion wouldnt be cause for weight gain because law of conservation of mass you burn a piece of paper and were to catch all the smoke and embers and ash it would weigh the same as before which means it has to be drinking water that does it expanded muscles weigh the same as non expanded muscles
  • Scorpiomom222
    ohhhhh and I don't know if you saw my answer but I did used to love Will Smith's daughter's song. BUT my girl is 11 and like ALL songs she played it till I wanted to slit my wrists.

I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth........ HAHAHA I know of a few songs that make me want to hurt kittens when I hear them.
  • Scorpiomom222
    muscle expansion wouldnt be cause for weight gain because law of conservation of mass you burn a piece of paper and were to catch all the smoke and embers and ash it would weigh the same as before which means it has to be drinking water that does it expanded muscles weigh the same as non expanded muscles

Then, how do you explain the weight gain of a woman on her period? The expansion of the abdomen from extra blood flow is the weight gain and water retention. :wink:
  • gambitsgurl

Then, how do you explain the weight gain of a woman on her period? The expansion of the abdomen from extra blood flow is the weight gain and water retention. :wink:

That's the weight of her need to kill her husband.
  • Scorpiomom222

That's the weight of her need to kill her husband.

BAHAHAHA Love it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    lol the period is retained water from the week before that you dont excrete the expanded muscles during exercise are the muscles being torn and all the proteins and amino acids okay at this point im making stuff up haha but i know im right i just cant explain haha
  • Scorpiomom222
    lol the period is retained water from the week before that you dont excrete the expanded muscles during exercise are the muscles being torn and all the proteins and amino acids okay at this point im making stuff up haha but i know im right i just cant explain haha

HAHAHA You just enjoy picking on me.
This discussion has been closed.