What do you think about when you work out?

Options
13»

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I think about lifting really heavy weights and making new PR's. I think about winning Crossfit or powerlifting competitions. When I'm outside hiking, I just think about how nice it is to be outside.

I also think about the fact that I am usually the only woman in the weight room and all the guys are like WTH is this chick doing? Did she just curl the same weight as me? Oh God, no!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Dear god, you deadlift as much as me.

That's so cool.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    baseball

Swing all night, yeah.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    My set.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It's the eye of the tiger
    It's the thrill of the fight
    Rising up to the challenge of our rival
    And the last known survivor
    Stalks his prey in the night
    And he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

Funny part is, sometimes, I'm not even joking.

But when I'm not thinking about that, I'm really just thinking random thoughts. Like... Burpees... AGAIN... Really, Sworkit?! ... ANOTHER round of burpees?? Let me just skip that one... my MFP will never have to know.. or Should I have oatmeal or cereal for breakfast tomorrow? Oatmeal. Always oatmeal
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Whatever audio book I'm listening to. Not only does it make time go by fast, I also get something else done.
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I...I don't really know...

wow, i must just go blank.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    When lifting:

Good form.

Oh, and: http://youtu.be/ygBP7MtT3Ac
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    When playing mixed doubles tennis:

"Hmm, she's hot."

"Hmm, liking the way her skirt wafts up when she swings at the ball."
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym so only do things I find enjoyable.

Cycling round the local woods is great. Seeing all sorts of different wildlife (geese, ducks, swans, deer) and scenery take my mind off of what I'm actually doing. Also finding big hills to cycle down is a lot of fun!

I'm fiercely competitive. Tennis, table tennis, bowling are all other sports I enjoy and the only thought is beating my opponents into the ground lol!!!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    you guys are great LMAO ..
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Swimming:
    He/she got here same time I did and I can keep going even though he/she is ready to quit.
    Seven more minutes
    If I finish this round then I can go pee and do my next three rounds
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    I'm a teacher so usually how the day's lessons went, what I'd change if I was going to do it again, and what the next day's lessons will entail. Very exciting stuff.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Often I listen to Audio Books while working out... especially during threadmill or walking.. and I try to put myself into the story.....

however, If I dont have my Mp3 I often think about the time when I was in the military and during war and think about myself marching and pushing myself to get were I need to go.... as quickly as I can...

However, when i'm weightlifting... I only think about the set... and what is going to be next...

--ms
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm a brain-shutter-offer too :laugh:

It's the only time I don't think about A. Damn. Thing. Yoga too, it's my time for me to de-stress and just let my mind rest. :drinker:
    I just crank out the music & let my mind go where it wants to.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing my upper body or lower body routine I am counting my reps in my head & listening to my music.

When I'm doing my Power Plates routine my brain is usually so busy checking my posture that I don't actually think of anything other than soft knees, soft elbows, head up, abs in and so on.

When I'm swimming I'm usually counting my laps and keeping an eye on the time, I'm swimming up the pool saying one, one, one and then down the pool saying two, two, two - I still manage to lose track of my laps, but to be honest I'm more concerned with the time I'm swimming, than the distance I'm swimming.

When I go walking I'm usually lost in my music, I can see the world around me & I'm fully aware of vehicles and people, but I'm also immersed in my music, my music determines the speed I'm walking.

Exercise is a mental escape route for me, I'm doing it for myself and I can just go with the flow and be truly alone - I love it.....

xXx