Chicken noodle soup

Options
Does anyone have a good receipe for chicken noodle soup or any other soup? I love soup in the winter but canned is so high in sodium.

Thanks.

Replies

• cindaroses
    Options
    Usually I just get a chicken and bake it. After it cools I take the chicken off the bone. Then get some broth, but half it with water. Add carrots, celery, potatoes (fresh not frozen, unless it is peas and corn)...whatever veggies you like and boil it together. Add some corn starch to make thicker. If you like you can add noodles. I don't have measurements, b/c it is more just what you like to put together.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Toss a roasting chicken into a big pot of water and let that bad boy cook for half a day. Then cool enough to be able to pull the chicken off the bones. Discard skin/bones, etc. Strain everything. Return broth and chicken to the pot and add your favorite veggies. Simmer till veggies are tender. Add whatever seasoning you like (I add some garlic powder (not salt) and I put whole spices like peppercorns or bay leaves in a large tea strainer and hang over the side. That way I'm not fishing them out when serving. Done and enjoy!