DIET ALONE?

hunterzmomma
hunterzmomma Posts: 121
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
okay I got a question I don't work out very much as in cardio, mainly relying on diet... I do some strength training when I can find the time, I have a very busy schedule having a baby and living on a farm! will I still lose the fat with diet alone? or how exactly does it work? it's only my lower tummy left to go....

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    You can lose weight with just diet alone, it will just be a slower process.

Hopefully you will be able to find the time to squeeze in exercise, because it is vital to becoming healthy, and helps to keep the weight off.

Goodluck
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I assume living on a farm consists of a lot of physical work.

Yes, you can lose without exercise, but I bet you get plenty without realizing it.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Technically, eating fewer calories than you burn (less than your BMR if you aren't working out) will still allow you to lose weight, but it won't give you muscle tone or the other health benefits that physical activity (cardio and strength training) will.
  • I assume living on a farm consists of a lot of physical work.

Yes, you can lose without exercise, but I bet you get plenty without realizing it.
    the men do all the work LOL I just do cooking and housework!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    okay I got a question I don't work out very much as in cardio, mainly relying on diet... I do some strength training when I can find the time, I have a very busy schedule having a baby and living on a farm! will I still lose the fat with diet alone? or how exactly does it work? it's only my lower tummy left to go....

Yes it is possible, however, as the time goes by, you will find your weightloss slows down considerably and if you do not exercise, you will not have an extra "burn" there to spur the weightloss on.

Often exercise is done so that the body is getting toned as the weight reduces, sometimes an untoned body - even if it is slim - can look sort of flabby.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I assume living on a farm consists of a lot of physical work.

the men do all the work LOL I just do cooking and housework!

I just typed out a really long response and the site told me it was blank! Stupid site.

OK, three things:

1. All of us (farm or not) cook and do housework and find time to exercise. So, you can, too.
    2. I know a woman who lost 80 pounds without exercise, is very thin and not flabby at all, is a size 0 and has kept that weight (5'5" and 117 pounds) off for five years without exercise. So it can be done, depending on you and your metabolism.
    3. Exercise is about so much more than weight loss and is very good for your long-term health.
This discussion has been closed.