Nutrisystem

Options
Im thinking about getting on nutrisystem but is it worth the money? Has anyone else tried it and got results? I would also be going to the gym as well

Replies

• kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Why not save the money and do the same thing? All Nutrisytem does is provide meals and snacks* that are portion controlled. You can do the same thing with your meals with a food scale.

*Based off the ads
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is definitely not worth the money.
    Get your food from real food.
    Be smart.
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used Nutrisystem for a while. I felt good while using it.
    The biggest benefit for me was helping me to realize that I was overfed but undernourished. Their eating plan helped me to get in the habit of creating meals in terms of dairy, protein, vegetables and fruit. I lost 25 pounds in about a year. It also helped me to stock my home with good food that fits my lifestyle.
    If you decide to try it, use their online tracking and their counselors to help you with questions.
  • elaheheb
    elaheheb Posts: 1
    Options
    i've been in nutrisystem for 3 weeks I lost 8 pounds and I'm really happy. I think it's fair for the price. I used to spend $10 every morning on starbucks. so it actually saving me money. It helped me realize that what I ate was out of control and I can eat less and still survive. I'm not used to fast food. but my mom always cooks and I do too, then I would eat it too. The food is not amazing or anything like that. it's okay some of them taste good. but you have to look at the bigger picture and know when you get the results you'll be happy. that's the only think that makes me going. I'm dying for some good and real food lol.
    but do it!! and stick to it .. it's really good , you'll be happy :)

GOOD LUCK
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I tried it when I first started out, before I knew better.

The food was awful. It included a rehydrated hamburger. Most of it tasted like cardboard.

I returned the food and got my money back.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    All it is, is portion control. You can learn that with time and practice on MFP and develop habits for life (for free!!).
    You will be paying way too much for crappy Nutrisystem food and will lose weight but unless you plan on eating that mess for life, you'll prolly gain that weigh right back and then some. Use MFP as it was designed.

Been there, done that.
  • neeta16
    neeta16 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow,good to know. I am excited to start tomorrow. Do u have the frozen meals programme? Did you do it strictly,I meanno other food other than whats recommended..?
    I have the normal boxed meals...hope i get a good result.
  • rachelilly
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs my first month on it (5 lbs in week 1 with Fast 5.) I didn't think it was worth the money though and too difficult to do when you have a family you still have to cook for.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that spent $300 a month on Nutrisystem, lost a bunch of weight, but when she stopped, she gained all the weight back. All of that money and she never learned about proper nutrition. It is only worth the money if you can keep it up for the rest of your life or if you learn about proper nutrition. Otherwise, save your money.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's a joke. Eat at a caloric deficit and get the same results.

Slim Fast and Nutrisystem both follow IIFYM with a caloric deficit.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    It will make your wallet lighter.

It's a waste of money. Learn portion control on your own and spend less money in the process. Plus, eat good food instead of the cardboard, horrible tasting, disgusting junk they send you.
  • Xoxo24H
    Xoxo24H Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I lost a total of 13 pounds in 1 month off NS in May. Now I just got back on it 2days ago and have lost another pound! Total lost 14 pounds and was off of it for close to 2 months. It really works my goal in 2weeks is another 10pounds! But I can tell u that I did not always eat all the snacks they said I could but most of the time I would! Puls go out to eat they give u a list of foods u can have at restaurants and fast food etc. I first tried the 5day kit at Walmart and lost 5 pounds in 5days. I find NS convenient