Belly fat

Options
Hi everyone,

My problem is that I take all my weight around the belly (at least that is how it shows)

Anyone having any tips for the belly fat elimination?

Replies

• phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I will try some of those, thanks!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce and when you lose weight, the areas it comes off first are dependent on your genetics and such. All you can do is stay at a calorie deficit to lose fat. Abdominal exercises will strengthen the muscles though and make them more prominent when you do lose.
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well, I am actually trying to loose belly fat as well.
    Crunches are good, Burpees, swimming is a great toner as well!
    Leg lifts, bicycles.
    I'm not an expert, but this is what my research has told me!

Unfortunately, you need to do more research. You can't target bodyfat. @OP - Eat at calorie deficit and it will come off eventually.
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Yeah, you can't target it. You just have to reduce overall bodyfat. Personally my stomach fat is the last to come off and it's annoying.
  • mehrukhkamal27
    Options
    Hi i have same problem according to my height my weight is normal but belly is 6 inches more than my waist line. what to do? :/
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Well, I am actually trying to loose belly fat as well.
    Crunches are good, Burpees, swimming is a great toner as well!
    Leg lifts, bicycles.
    I'm not an expert, but this is what my research has told me!

None of this is correct.

OP, you have to reduce overall body fat. Men typically store fat primarily on the midsection, it's the first place we put it on, and the last place we take it off.

Rigger
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    That's my bad area as well. However, as others have stated, we can't spot reduce. we can strengthen our abs which is great but our belly fat will leave at it's own pace. Super UGH!
  • CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce and when you lose weight, the areas it comes off first are dependent on your genetics and such. All you can do is stay at a calorie deficit to lose fat. Abdominal exercises will strengthen the muscles though and make them more prominent when you do lose.

Definitely agree with this!! I'd try to add some cardio as well.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i only wish spot reduction did work... but it doesn't. i have powerful abs, can do full situps and crunches all day long, and can do ab pull downs at 120 or even 140 pounds, but my belly is still big. it's shrinking gradually as i lose weight, and that's the only way to do it. frustratingly for many of us, it's often the last place the fat leaves.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Started my diet today. I am 36"-29"-34," thigh 19." 5' 3 1/2" and 121 lbs. Estimated goal 112 - 116. I am only fat in the middle!
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cardio and just losing overall body fat by dieting.. no magic answer, it's that simple (good news I know)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    You could try switching the percentages of your macros a little.
    Lift heavy things.
    Calculate TDEE & take a 20% deficit

Continue for as long as it takes :drinker: