again .... the scale did not move : (

Options
Hello all,
ok this week too i did not lose any weight.my food diary is public, i run atleast 5 times a week ..... but still nothing. should I increase my food goal a lil by maybe 300 like make it 1500 and eat all of it ,and not eat any excercise cals? would that work? HELP !!!

Replies

• MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, except I go up and down by the same 4 lbs! I don't know which is worse?

I started this week to EAT my exercise calories with quality foods of course, and change up my routine by doing cardio after my toning/lifting regimen.

Try something besides running. Do intervals of walking and running, take a week off, change up your food, try eating vs. not eating your exercise calories basically SHAKE THINGS UP A BIT! :flowerforyou:

Good luck! Marie Elena
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, except I go up and down by the same 4 lbs! I don't know which is worse?

I started this week to EAT my exercise calories with quality foods of course, and change up my routine by doing cardio after my toning/lifting regimen.

Try something besides running. Do intervals of walking and running, take a week off, change up your food, try eating vs. not eating your exercise calories basically SHAKE THINGS UP A BIT! :flowerforyou:

Good luck! Marie Elena

Thanx u know i feel really discouraged.... i should have lost some weight by now ,it is 2 months since i started this...
    anyways NOT GONNA GIVE UP ....
    Thanks again :wink:
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My scale was manufactured by satan. I am going to send it back.

Keep trying... it will work.... I think :D
  • erspohn
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself the same time once a week? I do it every Friday after my shower. Don't weight yourself more than once a week, we fluctuate due to water weight and it will discourage you.

I know you have a "weight" goal in mind, but remember that being healthy, in shape and tone are far more important. I change my work out every 4-5 weeks once I feel it is starting to get easy. Just because you aren't loosing anything does not mean your body is getting leaner. Remember the old saying "muscle weights more than fat"

If you are doing what you are suppose to be doing and following your diet, be patient and your body will start changing even if your weight doesn't.

Take week by week and use that as a goal instead of the over all "weight" goal.
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thanks people ....
    i'll just be patient ...
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you need to eat more. I believe that there is no reason for a woman to have a calorie goal of 1200 unless she's sitting on the couch all day. The fact that you are running 5x a week should mean that your metabolism is at a decent rate to start with. Netting 1200 calories is only going to hurt you.

I'm 42, I usually run 4x a week, I have my calorie goal set for 1600 and I eat at least 1/2 of my run calories back, sometimes all of them (which means that there are days i'm eating over 2000 cals).

Good luck.
    Lisa
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    have you tried any strength training. perhaps the body is bored with your routine? change things up a little?