New to this!! Help needed!

Options
Ems500c
Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
I just started my new low calorie diet almost two weeks ago. I am still learning what to eat and what not to eat. I am on this site most of my day searching foods to eat, and then I try to spend time every day to read the posts for food suggestions and motivation. Any suggestions, friend adds or just some motivation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you have 49 lbs. to go. Set your goal to 1 lb. per week, and log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello Ems and Welcome. Remember, it is not a low calorie diet, just a sensible and healthy new way of life. You can add me as a friend and we can motivate each other. One tip is you should finish filling out your profile information, as it is very therapeutic for you, and helps others looking for support and like minds. Someone may be looking for friend or support and they are able to relate to you and your story. It helped me a lot filling out the profile items. It was a like a kick in the gut and a wake up call. haha. Good luck to you and don't be a stranger. Oh, one other suggestion, you can eat whatever you like, just burn more than you eat. But it also makes sense to eat good nutrition, too. Just keep to your allowed calories.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    What to eat: Basically anything you want as long as that food fits into your calorie, macronutrient, micronutrient, and fiber goals.

What not to eat: Large amounts of artificial trans fats on a regular basis (which by the way is pretty hard to do so you're fine). That's about it.
  • hotmama84
    hotmama84 Posts: 10
    Options
    hey and welcome. Everything can be eaten in moderation. The longer you record and log the easier you will find it to see what sort of foods you should be eating. Being honest with yourself is the first step. If you don't take note of everything your taking in even glasses of squash then you wont know what you need to change. Logging food has made me accountable to myself. I have found once I get it down in black and white I then see where im going wrong (or right) and then I can re evaluate. Its not just a diet though. Its a change of lifestyle. It has to be a permenant change as once you have lost the weight you don't want to revert back and then gain the weight back. Its a learning curve. We are all in the same boat in one way or another. some losing, some maintain, some gaining but we are all trying to make a change for the better.

I will send you a friend request, feel free to accept or decline. Im here to support anyone that needs it.
    and good luck on your new journey.
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the feedback and add requests. I will take / read any and all the information I can get!