What was your first record, cassette or CD you had....

Replies

• Mine might of actually been Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
  • Michael Jackson's Thriller

Still love this song
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    The single She Loves You (Beatles) and album Meet The Beatles, bought the same day, in 1964.
  • For Christmas when I was eight, Mom got me a walkman and two cassettes: Tiffany, and George Michael, Faith. The grandparents were scandalized! :bigsmile:

This sounds like a Christmas of mine! ????
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    casette : Meatloaf

Record: Sugar hill gang
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Colour by Numbers by the Culture Club (I just remember listening to Karma Chameleon).

http://youtu.be/JmcA9LIIXWw
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    I hate to admit it but I use to listen to Juice Newton on an 8 track tape both facts are kind of embarassing. I don't know does anyone here even remember 8 track tapes? :noway:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    A 45 record. Glenn Campbell - Like a Rhinestone Cowboy. I was five years old.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Poison- Look What the Cat Dragged In, was the very first cassette I spent my own money on.

:laugh:
  • Colour by Numbers by the Culture Club (I just remember listening to Karma Chameleon).

Love he he
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Barry Manilow...Live
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    First record album: Donna Summer, Bad Girls...lol. My uncle gave it to me for my 10th birthday.
  • I hate to admit it but I use to listen to Juice Newton on an 8 track tape both facts are kind of embarassing. I don't know does anyone here even remember 8 track tapes? :noway:

No I had to google this one!
  • A 45 record. Glenn Campbell - Like a Rhinestone Cowboy. I was five years old.

Can't stop singing this now! ????
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Colour by Numbers by the Culture Club (I just remember listening to Karma Chameleon).

Love he he

Me too: http://youtu.be/JmcA9LIIXWw
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    First record: Michael Jackson - Thriller
    First cassette tape: Beastie Boys - License to Ill
    First CD: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mother's Milk
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I don't remember.. I was listening to my mom's albums long before I bought one..Elvis, Beatles and Led Zeppelin.
    It was probably a Beatles album though. My mom didn't have them all.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    First cassette tape: Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood. At 10, I was allowed to buy it from Sam Goody's.

First CD: Nirvana's Nevermind. I ordered that from Columbia House.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    I grew up in a strict Christian household! My first cassettes were mainly things like Petra, Michael W. Smith, Michael Card, Beethoven. My first CD was Americana by The Offspring. I kept it hidden under a bunch of stuff in my dresser... til my younger sister found it, read the lyrics booklet and was shocked to see obscenities. She took it immediately to our mom, who dragged me to Walmart to try to return it. The customer service lady said no and my mom snapped the CD in two pieces right in front of her. I didn't buy any other CDs til two years later, that was The Matrix soundtrack and A Kind of Magic by Queen. These I kept safe in a better hiding space LOL. I was so excited I actually kept the receipt for the Queen soundtrack. I still have it to this day.

ETA: This isn't counting the numerous anime soundtracks I had. My parents never had problems with that, I guess 'cuz they didn't know what the lyrics translated to anymore than I did.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    first cassette: was i think Ace of Base.
    first cd: No Doubt Tragic Kingdom, followed closely by Blink 182