Anyone had success with Jullian Michael's 30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just to add my two cents to this great discussion, both I and my boyfriend have had success with the 30-Day Shred. I did it for 29 days in a row but was forced to take a rest day at the end because of a horrible stomach virus. In those 31 days, I lost more than 3% of my body fat, which was pretty great...not to mention I've built up my arm and leg muscles. I'm actually in the process of doing it again, but I'm also wanting to start the Couch to 5K program so I can alternate exercises. I will say that I'm better at certain exercises this time around, but it's still a GREAT workout. My boyfriend has started and stopped it a few times but is managing to stick with it overall, and the muscle definition he's gained in his arms is incredible. (Men always have it easier!) He just started Level 3 two days ago and is hoping to use this as a primer to P90X.

Anyway, my opinion is that YES, you will definitely get results with the 30-Day Shred as long as you stick with it and push yourself. You should give it a shot--I think you'll be surprised at what you'll be able to achieve!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 13, and haven't lost much weight....BUT have lost inches! I'm soooo not giving up! :)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    So of you that are doing it almost every day, do you only do 30 day shred or do you do other forms of cardio too? I have the dvd, but don't do it every day. I would like to start, but I like changing it up a bit...
    i also take zumba classes at my gym.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I just bought this last night! I am so excited to start it!
    question;
    I do Bootcamp Circuit Training Classes Mon-Wed and Friday at 5am. Should I do the shred on those days too? start and just do 30's straight???
    Thanks so much for all the info!!! =)
  • KristenY18
    Options
    So the 30day shred is a daily workout for only 20 minutes and hits cardio and resistance??? Is it 20 minutes of each area or total?? Any equipment needed??
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    So of you that are doing it almost every day, do you only do 30 day shred or do you do other forms of cardio too? I have the dvd, but don't do it every day. I would like to start, but I like changing it up a bit...

I did just that every day for the first time through. Now it's often part of my X-T on "active rest" days in my half marathon training plan (that plus Bob's yoga dvd...or possibly Jillian's yoga dvd if I'm feeling like making the yoga shorter and more active).
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    So the 30day shred is a daily workout for only 20 minutes and hits cardio and resistance??? Is it 20 minutes of each area or total?? Any equipment needed??

20 minutes total. It's 3:2:1 circuits with a warm-up and cool-down so all in all it's about 27 minutes. Each circuit has 3 minutes strength (2 moves), 2 minutes cardio (usually 2 moves, but can be 4 if she's mixing it up which she sometimes does in the last circuit), and 1 minute abs (can be 2 or 1). All you need is small hand weights (3-5 pounds probably), and if you want a mat for ab work.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    The Firm is also a good series. Weight training and cardio.......

I love the firm!!! I got better results from the firm then Jillian!! That's crazy I just got a new set!! i felt the burn the next day where 30 day I didn't.