iPad/iPhone MFP app question

Options
This might seem silly, but I enjoy seeing the "XX Day Streak" every morning when I log in to MFP. I am leaving for a vacation in a few weeks to an area that will have limited, if any wifi access. My question is - if I continue to log in using the iPhone or iPad app, will I lose the streak, if it takes a few days to sync online once wifi is available?

I hope this makes sense. I know when I'm at the lake property, my info doesn't register online until my iPad is back home with wifi access, but that is within the same day. I don't know if I lose the streak if it doesn't sync in the same day.

Do any of you have any experience with this, or know the answer? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    mine syncs pretty quickly, a few minutes after. But it will be based on when you wifi connect for the transfer of info. Keep in mind time zones too. If your trip crosses enough zones, you may loose days there. enjoy your trip!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You need to have a connection to the internet and link to MFP database, not just clicking into the app, else you lose your streak. And yes, beware of time zones. Unless you change some setting on your account, your "home" time zone holds true so you'll need to watch your login per 24 hour period accordingly
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's what I was afraid of! Thanks for the info though. I'll be on a cruise ship for 4 days, and then a private boat for 2. Hopefully I can find wifi and avoid losing my streak though!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Wow. I was just reading up on this and from the FAQ realized the app actually has a local version of all the foods in the database? I tried this in airplane mode and actually found results for foods I had never eaten, just with a note at the bottom that there might be more results online. There's truly no excuse!

I'll do my first login tomorrow in airplane mode just to see what happens to the streak #
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    It showed nothing in the streak days or lbs lost area but mostly because I had done an app restart. Without a restart it's just showing the previous numbers. I'll check to see if those numbers update if I don't restart the app. Still it seems risky to not connect to the net once per day if you can, though
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that there are foods in the database that I didn't input when I'm out of wifi range too, but for some reason, I never thought much about it.

Thanks for checking!