How many pounds do you lose weekly?

Options
I tend to lose anywhere from one pound - three pounds weekly depending on what my food dairy is like for the week.

I'm not a heavy eater, I eat from 1k - 1.6k to me this seems like a lot but to others not so much.

Replies

• no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Usually 1-2. Anymore would be significant muscle loss.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I normally lose one pound a week but this week lost three and I feel awful. Tired sweaty and dry mouth.
  • Twomirrors
    Twomirrors Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky if I can lose .5lb/week, even eating 1500 net or less. Wish I was more like you 1-3lb people. =)
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky if I can lose .5lb/week, even eating 1500 net or less. Wish I was more like you 1-3lb people. =)

from what I understand if you lose more then 2 pounds it's dangerous? not sure if this is true.
  • karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds in 30 days but now the scale seems stuck. Inches are falling of tho. So that is not to bad
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well this week I lost three and feel like crap. When I was losing one pound I felt amazing.
  • AdventureVix
    AdventureVix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    First time round I was losing 1-2 pretty consistently eating 1450 + exercise calories. I binged and gained back all but 9lbs. This time, I'm eating 1500, working on a farm and burning around extra 3x a weweek doing c25k and only eating half exercise cals back. Been at it for 2 weeks but the scales haven't budged a bit yet. Kicking myself I didn't stick at it when what I was doing was working :(
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No idea. I haven't been logging long enough to know yet.

I know some weeks have no change and others have big change. It seems to come in spurts.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Usually a pound a week or so, but the last month or so have been up and down... Just have to keep at it :)
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Between 1 and 2 usually
  • Odinisgod
    Odinisgod Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Since starting 4 months ago, I've lost on average 3 lbs a week with a net average of 1700 calories a day. Currently, I'm losing an average of 2-lbs a week, at that same net calorie level.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've averaged something like 1.6 pounds a week over the past six months. I average 1800 calories a day.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Not enough.

Looks like I'm stuck with one pound a week unless I figure something out quick. Four pounds a month? Ugh! Intolerable!
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    .5 - 1 pound a week eating 1200 cals; but I'm short and sedentary.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Kinda depends. My very first week I lost 10lbs...that didn't last long for sure. Now its about 1 pound a week but sometimes more. I've lost as much as 3 pounds. As little as none lol. Just depends on how well I eat and how active I am. Averaging about 0.29 pound a day lol
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Yeah, but how much do you have to lose?
  • kbudd63
    kbudd63 Posts: 10
    Options
    I seem to lose 2 lbs per week, then gain a pound or stay the same the next week, then lose 2 lbs the week after. It's really frustrating. The only way I can ensure that I will lose weight during a particular week is to exercise every day, enter my exercise at the end of the day, and stick to 1400 cal/day or under all week.

I don't know if I've screwed up my metabolism through years of crash dieting (ok, EDs) in the past or what, but damn its slow going doing it the proper way

Blah. On the up side, my blood work is sparkling. Yay.
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am trying not to weigh myself every week, I was freaking out about the scale not going down enough. I'm trying to only weigh myself once a month, but to be very diligent about inputting food and exercise. My pants are fitting looser, so that's a good sign. I would take a pound a week loss, if it was consistent. We'll see.
  • CMarieVirginia
    Options
    I'm 66-no metabolism, no hormones, little exercise. No success with any other plan over last five years including vegan, low carb, high carb--you name it. Physical limitations so I can only do little bits of exercise every other day. Just signed up and MFP is working for me . . . Brilliant! I'm losing 1 pound per week and I'm very very pleased with that. Slow going is the only way to lose it and keep it off. We're learning new habits and good habits. Be sure and check measurements--they tell a story too. I've lost 1/2 inch off hips and waist in only two weeks. Don't eat too little or metabolism shuts down and you'll lose less--stay at goal calories each day and lots of water.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    2-4 the last 3 weeks, not muscle loss.
    looking to lose at 1-2 a week for the next month.