Fitness for Mental Health.. Need Friends.

Options
Hello, I live quite the sedentary lifestyle right now, but worse I have been struggling with my mental health. I've been told for way too many years that exercise will vastly improve my mental health. I'm about to start an anti-psychotic regimen that's most likely going to cause my weight loss to stall out or worse. I've gotten myself excited about running, aiming towards a 5k this fall.

The point being, is I'm looking for friends that could help motivate me, but might also be struggling with similar mental health issues. I have pretty severe agoraphobia (which is why I chose a treadmill for now), anxiety, depression, as well as being diagnosed with bi-polar II, which is quite severe in itself.

I'm hoping as counseling and medication will help me overcome my self confidence issues, I can progress with my running, so that I can take my dogs for runs with me outside. (A thought that slightly terrifies me right now.)

I'm also a widow, which is the main reason I'm struggling with blanket depression.

I'm open to all friends, motivation is always nice, but I just think it would be nice to meet people that might struggle with parts of this process due to their mental health.

Replies

• blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am happy to be your friend and help you reach your goals. I workout and love it, but it also helps me relieve a lot of my stress, especially while I am in school and have tests. It has made a huge difference in my life and hopefully it will in yours as well!

Feel free to add me!