Keto Diet + Fasting. Please help!

Options
So I was successfully following a ketogenic diet (10c/25p/65f). I had some trouble hitting my macros, but I was doing fairly well.
However, Ramadan started. It started to a bit more challenging because I could not eat or drink anything from 4 am to 8:30 pm.

Today, I had my first day of work for my second job which is very physically demanding. I was walking from 1 pm to 7pm doing promotional work while carrying a heavy bag of merchandise (nonstop). I'm not accustomed to this since I usually have a desk job. Nevertheless, when I came home, I was so weak I seriously binged on some pasta. 2 cups worth. I am about 50 g over my required limited.

So my questions are: is this going to throw me out of ketosis? Considering I was physically exerted because of my activity all day.
Also, I literally feel physically sick. I have almost puked a few times already tonight. Should I just allow myself to puke?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Why are you so concerned with staying in Ketosis? If you didn't restrict carbohydrates so heavily then you wouldn't binge on them when you eat them.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Seems to me that dedication to your religion in as safe and healthy a way as possible is more important than dedication to your ketogenic diet right now.

Not religious myself, but I was once, I know the order of priority. You should find sources on what to eat in the evening and/or early morning to properly fuel your very strenuous schedule.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Why does that macro breakdown only add up to 725 calories?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I'm wondering why she's eating less than 1200 calories a day - though over the last week there were 2 days she made it over 1200, but just barely.

I'll agree also with the other poster that restricting too much can lead to binging.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

It doesn't, it's a percentage breakdown not grams.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So my questions are: is this going to throw me out of ketosis? Considering I was physically exerted because of my activity all day.

I've been in ketosis eating (well, drinking) perhaps 150g of carbs a day but with a large calorie deficit due to exercise.

Not sure running round the place working hard while fasted is a particularly safe working practice, some countries have laws against that sort of thing.
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time meeting my caloric needs. I feel full from eating so many veggies so I try to compensate by increasing my fat intake (oils and butter). Also it's hard to eat a lot of food in a specific time frame.

I've compensated this morning by eating a bit if fruit and its been helping me get through the day. Thanks for the pointers guys