travelling and exercise

Options
Hey guys
i am going backpacking around south east asia for two months and I want to try to keep fit while I am away! here are some body weight exercises that I have written out that i can do in a hostel room. i won't have fancy hotels with gyms so this is the next best thing. anyone have anything to add or any tips and tricks for staying in shape while on the road? I know a lot of you work out at home so maybe you ahve things to add from your livingroom routines or things you have seen on workout videos (px90 or insanity? i haven't seen them but thought they might have some moves to add?) thanks for your help!!

Exercises

Push ups: Standard, with kick to the side, T push up, Close grip, Judo, Opposite knee to elbow, with leg raise, (do all one side first then switch), Pylometric, Diamond hands push up (like close grip), Corkscrew push up,

Core: Planks: Standard, side, with knee twists, one leg, Walking/climbing from elbows to hands, Crunches: Regular, legs up, bicycles, reverse crunch, leg raises, side twists, v ups, Supine jackknifes

Squats: Wide stance, narrow stance, split, Feet pointed in, pointed out, Pylometric (jump squats), Box jumps, Wall sit

Lunges: Split jump, Walking lunge, Front and rear lunch/merry go round lunges (front, rear, side), Lunge with one leg dead lift, Lunge with side rotation

Body Weight: Mountain climbers, fire hydrants, tabletop knee tuck/kickbacks, Chair dips, Calf raises on step/stair, Side raises (leg on top for outer and underneath for inner thigh)

Cardio : Jumping jack, Burpees, Sprint, stairs, shadow boxing

Replies

• spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    I know they have some epic hikes through mountains/jungle. Pretty sure if you do enough of them you'll be fine. :D

definatly for cardio anyways, if you have the time/energy to do some of the strength stuff, probably mainly core and upper body that could go well with it, but climb enough hills and your cardiovascular system and lower body be looked after.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    How about throwing a resistance tube in your pack, you can do lots of exercises that way, i.e. biceps and triceps, lateral raises, etc. Also, climb stairs if your hostel is a few stories, or find a place to stair-climb.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    You seem pretty set except for you have all kinds of pushing exercises but no pulling, you're not balancing your body, you need some rows/pull ups or something to balance yourself out.
  • NinjaPrincess
    Options
    how could i do pull exercises on the go? any examples? i will have a resistance band so could do some with that but apart from a chin ups i am not sure what else...