any doctors on here?

Options
Ok so this is going to be about bowel movements so don't read anymore if this bothers you. I went to the bathroom the other day and had blood on the feces and went again tonight and noticed the same thing and it was orange color, should I go to the doctor? what could it be?

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Not a doctor, but bright red generally indicates an irritation in the rectum or *kitten* (like hemorrhoids or anal fissure). Dark, tarry looking stool is an indicator of bleeding further up the GI tract, like an ulcer. Is it really orange, or is it more red? (can be tricky when mixed with stool). And if it's orange, are you sure it's blood? Maybe something you've been eating has been causing a different color. I'm just throwing out ideas here :wink:

Either way, if it persists, it's worth a call to the doctor. Most offices have a nurse who you can ask, and they will advise you whether to come in or not.

Good luck!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Yes you should go to a doctor. There a lots of things it could be that can only be diagnosed on examination not the internet
  • NowIFeelYa
    NowIFeelYa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    at first it was normal color with red then later on it was orange with red
  • NowIFeelYa
    Options
    VBnotbitter I was going to do just that but I'm up tonight worried about it
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    at first it was normal color with red then later on it was orange with red

My guess (and again, I'm not an expert) is probably something like hemorrhoids. I think you can not stress about it over the weekend, but call the doctor on Monday. But if you start feeling overly dizzy or faint or have severe abdominal cramping get seen right away. :flowerforyou:

EDIT - I don't want you to ignore your gut feeling (no pun intended :indifferent:) because I suggest you can wait. If you feel like there's something definitely wrong, listen to that. But if you're just kind of worried, like most people would be, then you can probably wait till Monday. Again, I'm not a doctor, so don't read too much into my advice!!
  • NowIFeelYa
    Options