Missed period (sorry if it's TMI)

Options
So today makes one week I've been exercising and clean eating. I do about 1 1/2 of cardio a day.. my period tracker says I'm 6 days late. My tracker has been on point for 4 months! I also have POCS.. Any help is appreciate ;)

Replies

• razztea
    razztea Posts: 3
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I started exercising and eating better a little more than a month ago, and my last period was late, too. I think it's an ordinary reaction to the "stress" of exercise. You only have to worry if it happens again next month.
  • Bambi8137
    Bambi8137 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good! Whew! I'm a little on edge because I don't want to be working out and lifting all these heavy weights and I have a angel in the oven ;)
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Well, if being pregnant IS a possibility then you might want to take a test. If it's negative, don't worry much.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Changing your diet and exercise can definitely affect your period. I have PCOS as well and about two months after I started getting healthy/in shape I ended up having a 60 day cycle. This happened to me once in the past so I was not alarmed. I happened to have my annual physical during that time period so I mentioned it to the doctor and he said that he would have been more surprised if I hadn't noticed some weirdness with my cycle. So it seems to be fairly common but, just to be sure, it is good to take a test if there is even the slightest chance of you being pregnant. A change in diet and weight loss can make major improvements to your fertility when you have PCOS (my personal experience--18 months after being told I would never conceive, I went lowish carb, started exercising regularly, lost 25 lbs and got pregnant.)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Number 1 - ALWAYS check for pregnancy.
    Number 2 - If it happens again next month, go see a doctor (or if you have pains)

I have always had a very stabilized...system. When I first started to work out/eat healthy, I ended up being 5 days late. Period eventually came, just late. Then everything maintained for about 1 year, when suddenly I was 1 week early...then the same thing happened about 3 months later. Again, now I am stabilized....so periods get wonky for sure! Regardless, if your late - always check for pregnancy if there is even %0.00005 chance.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?

The cheapo, generic pregnancy tests are as good as the expensive ones.

If you have another wacky period or this one never shows up, call your GYN.
  • Bambi8137
    Bambi8137 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll be one week late. I'll get a testt early in the a.m :-/
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yes, exercise can effect cycles especially in the beginning when your body is not used to it. Six days is usually not too big a deal. However… if there is ANY possibility you could be pregnant, I would definitely take a test and find out for sure before you went too much further with the exercise plan or diet.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    "Preggo"
    "It's in there."

Excerpts for my upcoming book on unfortunate marketing slogans.