Healthy Lunches

Options
I've been a sugar/carb addict for my entire life. Or for at least as long as I can remember. Growing up we always had some form of starch on the table and it was tradition to eat a brownie, cookie, or ice cream for snack before bed.
Well, two kids later and pushing 40 my body is no longer staying thin. I lost weight last year by running, but now I have a lot of issues with my neck and lower back. So the pounds have been rapidly coming back.
I'm determined to cut out sugars and carbs but I don't want to eat the man made sugars either. I would rather eat regular sugar in low amounts or in natures form…apples/oranges.
I brought in almonds, cashews, and banana to munch on at work so I didn't go for the vending machine.
I am really having problems with lunch though. I already had a bunch of those frozen meals but even though they are low calorie, they are packed with pastas and sodium.
I am really having a hard time coming up with lunches that are low calorie/carbs for lunch.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I prepare my food for the day the night before. Roasted or steamed veggies with a lean protein is a winner!
    Shrimp, chicken, homemade ground turkey patties or lean ground pork patties. Or toss the protein in with some veggies and make a stirfry. (keep the sauces & sodium to a minimum though).
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I try to prepare a weeks worth of lunches before hand. Usually its cabbage soup. Today its going to be Sausage veggie soup.
  • catrinpersephone
    Options
    Ooh I love lunches. Well you can try stir frying vegetables and tossing them in with some rice, healthy soup if you've got a microwave, wraps (low calorie kinds) with tons of vegetables :)