yoga

Options
i'm interested in starting yoga and wanted to know if anyone knows of any websites that have good, free videos?

i've looked at youtube stuff but anyone know of anything more complete? something around a half hour session would be nice.

Thanks

Replies

• abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This site has a few short workouts of everything including yoga:
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/

But if you're looking to purchase a video, i'd recomend Rodney Yee as the instructor, i fell in love with his videos!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    yoga journal has free videos on their website, and free podcasts on iTunes. If you go to iTunes and search podcasts "Yoga", you'll find lots.

I highly second the Rodney Yee recommendation. You can get his DVDs from Amazon, for a very reasonable price.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    First of 4 part 30 minute series that I've been meaning to try. And as for buying, you can borrow videos at your local library.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf1MtRZx_J4
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't know about free websites, but I would highly recommend yoga videos with Sara Ivenhoe. She's tough and you work up a sweat, but at the end of the videos she provides a short but SOOO relaxing meditation that makes it all worthwhile. Not to mention, I love her voice!

Shannon
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I recently found a website called YogaGlo: www.yogaglo.com that offers unlimited access to different styles, different levels, for different amounts of time for $18 a month. This is something that I wanted to do because my own practice had stalled and I don't have the money to get to the yoga studio.

As previous posters have mentioned, the library is a great place to get some DVDs to see if you like it.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your information!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Gotta second Sara Ivanhoe. She has this great series of 20 minute yoga workouts that I love. She's very down to earth but more athletic, not so "zen", not that there is anything wrong with that, but not really my style, which is why I enjoy her workouts.
  • electromg
    electromg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you try a few classes in a studio first so that you can make sure you know how to do the poses properly. Most people need to be corrected at the beginning even if they are watching closely. I was able to get 30 days of Bikram yoga for $30 as a new member promotion, maybe you can find something similar?