Cook Yourself Thin

tacey21
tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Started DVR-ing Cook Yourself Thin.
All their stuff looks so fresh and tasty.
The episode I just watched had alternate recipes for eggs benedict and stuffed shells... two of my favorite things :love:

I cant wait to try this recipe.
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/stuffed-shells

Replies

• Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Yum!!!!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    NO WAY!!!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    I have the cookbook. Some of their stuff is really good, and some tastes like cardboard.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Started DVR-ing Cook Yourself Thin.
    All their stuff looks so fresh and tasty.
    The episode I just watched had alternate recipes for eggs benedict and stuffed shells... two of my favorite things :love:

I cant wait to try this recipe.
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/stuffed-shells

lol the show is called cook YOURSELF thin but the recipe serves 10? I think they are setting you up for failure with such recipe's :\
  • tacey21
    I have the cookbook. Some of their stuff is really good, and some tastes like cardboard.
    Thats a shame :( Let me know if there's something yummy I need to try!!
    lol the show is called cook YOURSELF thin but the recipe serves 10? I think they are setting you up for failure with such recipe's :\
    Well.... the show is based on foreign women who move to america and gain weight because we eat amazingly tasty food... And then the hosts show them how to cook healthier and still have it be tasty.

I think by "Cook yourself thin" they mean, "Hey, you can still cook and be skinny, yay!" instead of "Cooking for one."

EDIT: You could probably cut the recipe in half too... I dont know 10 people that I'd want to stuff 40 shells for :)
  • tacey21
    I tried out the recipe...
    With the help of my guy we made it...
    A lot more complicated that stuff I'm used to making x.x I got bored about half way through and if he wasnt helping me (and I wasnt also cooking another soup) I probably wouldnt've finished.

But finished product is AMAZING! :D Exactly what I was craving: Cheeese. And because it was cheese surrounded by spinach and zucchini and tomatoes, I didnt feel so guilty.
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    I really liked the mushroom and spinach quiche with the potato crust. I still make it from time to time. Their spaghetti carbonara was crap. Waste of time. So was the dressing for the chicken caesar salad. The spinach and mushroom veggie lasagna was pretty good, but there are some better cheaper recipes out there. I "cooked myself thin" for about 2 weeks before I gave it up. Really expensive and semi-time consuming.
This discussion has been closed.