peanut butter

Options
so i have decided to include peanut butter in my diet,for the protein and good cals .But when i went shopping got confused with the cals and fat cals in them.most of them had lot of fat cals. so which one do u guys eat .

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Daily... Better N' Peanut Butter shout out!

bettern-peanut-butter.jpg

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php (with store locator)
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I eat PB2 which is powdered PB.

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I eat PB2 which is powdered PB.

http://www.bellplantation.com/

oooo - this too. I put it in my shakes and have reconstituted it when I was out of the better n' butter. It was good.
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I second GambitsGurl Better N' Peanut Butter is amazing! Its a little spendy but totally worth it in the end! I get it at albertsons but in the health food section right next to the fitness bars and stuff. At the one that I go to they have it stocked in the aisles next to the cold medicine and that kind of stuff. Next to the pharmacy!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I just eat straigh skippy.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I've become rather fond of making home made PB. Just need a good blender to pull it off, but it's sooooo good!
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks !!!!:happy:
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat the new Kraft whipped peanut butter and dip .. it's amazingly good

http://www.kraftpeanutbutter.com/en/products/kraft-whipped-peanut-butter-dip/#NutritionalFacts-tab
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    I love my Simply Jiff (white label)... it's lower in sodium and sugar.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I try to find PB that has only peanuts in it. Nothing else.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I eat creamy Jiffy. Everything in moderation is the key :wink:
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've become rather fond of making home made PB. Just need a good blender to pull it off, but it's sooooo good!

I've often wondered how well that would work, but haven't gotten around to trying it, so thanks for the recommend. I was thinking about trying it with a food processor.

We buy our peanut butter from a Co-Op. They have a machine with unsalted peanuts at the top and a spigot at the bottom. Start the motor, hold your jar underneath, and out comes semi-chunky peanut butter with no added fat, sugar, or salt. It is the best!
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Try almond butter. It's healthier for you. :wink:
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    41RGBf7megL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Naturally More Peanut Butter from Walmart.

Turn it upside down for a few hours before you open it. It will help with stirring.
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Anything all natural. If peanuts are the only ingredient, you hit gold....
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try almond butter. It's healthier for you. :wink:

that is something to look into
    thanks
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i try to stay away from any of the ones that are made with hydrogenated oils, but most major brands have a "Natural" recipe available lately that don't have all the added preservatives
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    unsaturated fat is good. saturated fat is bad. Trans fats are bad bad. Nuts are high in good fat, as are avacoados etc - so thus peanut butter is also high in fat. That being said, there is still a limit to the amt of fat you should have in your diet of any kind. That's why PB is sometimes hard to use as a main protein source, though a couple T a day is fine. I love it on WW toast with honey for breakfast! (But don't use it as a main protein source or you will go over on fats. Try some tuna and other things too)

Also, look for ones w/out fructose syrups etc. I eat Jiff which has just a little, but just because I prefer the taste and price at my store. There is a Simply Jiff that was more natural, but it was more expensive, or they did not have it at Sams, so I got reg Jiff. It does have a little unnatural stuff (hydrogenated oils), but less than 2%. There are all natural peanut butters (they're basically blended peanuts!) too, but they are an acquired taste for most so start with a small jar and be sure to stir it!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I eat Jiff; I just eat it less than before:)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    41RGBf7megL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Naturally More Peanut Butter from Walmart.

Turn it upside down for a few hours before you open it. It will help with stirring.

This is the best tasting peanut butter and its slightly fewer calories then all the other natural peanut butters I looked at. 169 calories compared to 190+.