The 12 lbs of Christmas!

Options
Oh no. It's that time again, seasonal weightloss time. Whenever it rolls around you gear up to gain, right? Get out your fat pants, secure that napkin under your chin and allow yourself to let go... Right?

WRONG!

This year, with me, pledge to eat only until you are satisfied and not a bit over, exercise throughout (even if it's just a walk) and don't ever let yourself go, thinking 'Screw it. It's the holidays!" You've worked so hard to get this far... Don't let yourself down! Enjoy your Christmas Lunch but don't feel obliged to pig out just because everyone else is!

We can do this :)

Replies

• hunterzmomma
    Options
    yes we can=) gonna be hard though especially since I discovered a new hobby... baking! lmao good thing cooking prep burns calories...
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    spoken like a true champion.

remember, you can indulge sensibly. stick to one plate. small portions of the sinful holiday treats (just to get the taste I say), and fill up your plate mainly on the 'good for you things' such as vegetables. if there are not going to be many vegetables, offer to make a side of it. I am sure they won't refuse a helping hand.

:)
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yes we can=) gonna be hard though especially since I discovered a new hobby... baking! lmao good thing cooking prep burns calories...

actually, I think you are going to be in a win win situation. you can bake your holiday treats and control what goes in them. its difficult eating something you didnt prepare and guessing its 'sin' factor.

make some yummy, healthier, treats and spread the wealth of good health!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm Ready! :glasses:

Load up on veggies, small portions of carbs and no seconds on desserts!

And I commit to jogging each morning those holiday days, whether home or out of town! :drinker:
  • catrinpersephone
    Options
    Yes, load up your plate with veggies then you won't feel like you're missing out on anything!

Ooh and hunterzmomma, I love baking and cooking! Means that I know exactly what and how much goes in :) Just remeber to only have one (or a few if it's healthier) then offer them round to everyone else :)
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    oh that is so meeee, feck it its the holidays and i piiiiiiggggg out something wicked. i really dont want this to happen this year. so are ya gonna be maybe checking up on us and punishing us if we overeat or something. i need someone to keep tabs on me otherwise i will prob head off the rails....or are we just taking the pledge...let me know the craic anyway. and best of luck to everyone over the holidays :)
  • catrinpersephone
    Options
    haha wasn't sure really :P I think everyone should try and post in here a little bit over the holidays, to see how well everyone else is (hopefully) doing! :D
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    ok thats fair enough! i will do my darnedest! :)
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't know about y'all, but watching everyone else pig out makes me eat even less..
    My cousin and I sit alone at the bar and i always try to eat about half of what she eats and I definitely stop before I get full.

I'm making a commitment to continue doing sit-ups and go jogging every morning and evening! (: