How much leeway do you give yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I had originally given my self 3 pounds up or down (I generally hit the scales these days between 127 and 129), but have decided that anything in my healthy weight range of 125-135 is fine as my body continues to change slowly with a new more active me in the last two and a half years. I am 5'8" tall with a long thin bone frame. Barre3 keeps slowly but surely helping me add more muscle, which makes me less"jiggly". I am going to be measured once a month by a personal trainer starting in August. The goal is continue to improve my strength and endurance.

Maintenance is a journey - I don't give myself any days off from logging.

I guess I am trying to say, the number on the scale is just one indicator, but if it goes up due to "less fat", "more muscle".. I am a-ok with it as long as my clothes still fit.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have 2 lbs to go and I will have reached my goal and then I will start into the maintenance phase, which I am actually scared about but I know I can do it and this forum is great for advice and tips. I am 5'5" and will be 125 lbs when I reach my goal. My question to everyone is how many pounds leeway do you give yourself before eating at a deficit again. I do weigh everyday and record weekly and I don't let fluctuations get me down as I know the scale is not everything and our bodies are not still :) Thank you in advance for your responses. Cheers!

I feel you completely.. I am 5'4" and weigh 130 today.. 2 lbs. away from goal.. i pretty much know that for the past 20 years when i hit 135 thats when i freak out and start logging in my weight again and then i am happy at 128... but i am desperately trying not to do that anymore yo yo thing.. therefore since i am all into PALEO now. i am going to maybe try to get down to 125 and give myself until 130 from now on.... tired of getting to that 135 mark...... not many people understand when you have only 2 lbs. to lose.. but I do.. keep it up and DONT let yourself go more then 5 lbs.. or you will hit the YO YO game like i have..