anyone else FREEZING!

Options
My husband and I have both been losing weight this year. In the fall and winter, we always have kept our thermostat at 68 degrees, but this year both of us are freezing! I mean, wearing our winter couts inside type freezing. I guess maybe there's less insulation now?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha, maybe! Good for you!

I keep ours at 66, it's comfortable with a sweatshirt on here in the Toronto area.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Totally with you on this-and I live in Florida!! I'm wearing a long sleeve tshirt right now to clean the house!
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    theres nothing wrong with running inside on the spot... throw on the TV or turn up the music!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! I've noticed how much colder in general I am than when I was heavier. I joke that I lost all my insulation! I've just been wearing more sweaters than usual, I keep a cardigan at work, and I went into all the offices in my hallway that have thermostats and put them all the way over to HOT so I'm not cold at work. I think it's a fair tradeoff, I'll pay a few extra dollars to heat my apartment than cut a few years off my life being fat.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing all the time here. Usually winter is my favorite season, but now I'm shivering like crazy and we didn't even have our first snow this year. My family makes fun of it. Well, at least they have something to laugh. =^_^=
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ladies, don't worry, hot flashes will take care of that!!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ladies, don't worry, hot flashes will take care of that!!

Oh great ... :grumble:
    you mean ... for the next ten years or so I will be freezing, just to start sweating like crazy, once the hot flashes start? Oh YES, the pleasure of being a woman ... :explode: LMAO
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Been freezing too...since August! But doesn't shivering burn calories? :laugh:
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    exactly. i knew that excess fat was keeping me warm.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I'm @ work, have a tank top, long sleeved shirt and a regular shirt over that.. with a hoodie on top of all that and I am STILL freezing!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Been freezing too...since August! But doesn't shivering burn calories? :laugh:

Yup! That's a big problem for those with Parkinson’s, they are always moving/twitching so they loose weight when they don't intend to i.e. Michael J. Fox.
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Me too, I feel cold sometimes when everyone else doesnt.
  • wills2be
    Options
    Its definately harder to get motivated to exercise in winter. Im in New Zealand so we're nearly in Summer and its great!! So much nicer to get out to the gym! :)
  • LynetteLRose
    Options
    Just a FYI tip: cold extremities and problems controlling body temp are signs of low iron. Of course there are many more. I am speaking from experience. I cut way back on eating red meat because of the fat content, and started having some symptoms. Then found out I was very low on iron. Having really cold hands and feet and very cold in general was one of the symptoms.
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lynette about the Iron - I was tested and also very low on ferritin (stored iron, not blood iron) - after taking supplements (Solgar Gentle Iron) I warmed up!! Also was less tired. And there's always thermal underwear! very thin very light & doesn't make you look bulky like layers of sweaters do :)
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am always cold thanks to being anemic.
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I made white chili for dinner and went a bit overboard on the cayenne pepper...first time I sweated all through dinner. At least I was finally WARM! :)
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe there's so many others out there with the same problem... I live in Sunny South Carolina and I can't wear enough layers lately:) I'm going to try an iron supplement too!
  • Sam2521
    Sam2521 Posts: 1
    Options
    I jus st went to Thialand to get warm. makes you miss the coolness of South Carolina
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha so true about the hot flashes. :)