Wii fit U

Options
I love it! I've never been so motivated to work out. There are so many activity choices. I find myself on there twice a day for an hour each time. Does anyone use the wii fit u for their exercise?

Replies

• paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I'm very tempted to buy!! Do you feel sore afterwards?
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Since I'm still on a limited exercise routine, I haven't in the past 6 months but I do love it. Have you tried Wii boxing? According to my fitbit, I was burning a TON of calories doing the boxing. It's also good for working off any stress, lol.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I definetly feel sore after an hour. Especially if I do a lot of the strength exercises. My endurance with the cardio has really grown also. A few weeks ago I couldn't do half an hour on the free run. Now I can do it easy. I see a huge improvement in myself. Most importantly I find it fun. I've never been much for exercising. Now I do it every day.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Since I'm still on a limited exercise routine, I haven't in the past 6 months but I do love it. Have you tried Wii boxing? According to my fitbit, I was burning a TON of calories doing the boxing. It's also good for working off any stress, lol.

I do the boxing within the wii fit. It's one of my favorite ones.
  • JVinAZ
    JVinAZ Posts: 4
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds in the past with the help of diet and wii fit. Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it, and gained all of it back. My dental hygenist told me about MFP, and so I started up again. I didm''t even remember that I was already a member and they had to send my my password! Wondered why I couldn't "Join" when I was already a member. But now that we got that minor problem taken care of, I'm pretty excited to try again. Today I worked out for a total of 48 minutes on my wii fit. (The little gal told me that it was 156 days since I was there, and she was happy to see me. LOL)

I did assorted things on it, and to the best of my ability I posted what I could on my exercise for the day. I do wish that there were more options. For instance, my balance is terrible and for me to work on my wii balance games for 10 minutes brings sweat to my by body, so I know i must be burning some calories. But how do I list it? Also I couldn't find yoga exercises on the data base. Yet for me to do them, since I am 68 and just starting, is very difficult. Am I burning any calories at all? My body is pouring in sweat, and I need a shower, but don't know how to list assorted wii fit exercise. (games) . Anybody have some ideas?
  • JVinAZ
    JVinAZ Posts: 4
    Options
    I DO! (NOW) LOL! I did awhile ago, but, time and circumstances happen to us all. How are you doing now? It was a long time since you posted, and wondered how things are going now?
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have the original Wii Fit and with diet and using that (especially the jogging, Just Dance, step and hula) I managed to exercise away about 3 stone...then I got the Xbox Kinect and started using the exercise games on that - do wish that their cardio boxing (on Kinect) were a little faster though.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking to 65+ pounds and I use my Wii Fit U.

I created a gym community for MFP and Fitbit users (so we had similar goals, such as keeping in shape or getting back in shape). The gym code is: 0911-4014-9245 (Fitbit&MFP Gym).

I thought it would be fun to have a virtual gym community. :)