I bought a bag of frozen, cooked shrimp

2»

Replies

• marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Make a low fat thai laksa with light coconut milk, laksa paste and lots of vegetables like capsicum, onion, broccolini or snow peas.. Defrost them and add them to the mix last and serve with rice or vermicelli noodles.....so yummmmmmy!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    jambalaya
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Pasta salad!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Usually plain. Or with avocado. Skinnytaste has some avocado/shrimp salad recipes. Or you can make shrimp fried rice, just put them towards the end so they don't overcook.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Do not stir-fry already cooked shrimp—you'll ruin it.

If it's frozen, thaw it in the fridge or under running water. Get some cocktail sauce for a high-protein, low calorie treat.

^^^This, most definitely.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    I don't heat up cooked shrimp either...just a preference for me, as it does tend to get rubbery.

I'll make a cold ramen with it, though, or po'boy sandwiches, use it on a salad, or make a shrimp salad with it (like tuna salad), seafood salad is a fave around here for the summers...just add some chopped crabmeat and tiny scallops with red onion, celery, carrots and spring peas with some light mayo, salt and pepper...pile that onto a lettuce cup or a soft roll & yummy!

I also make faux sushi with it...some wasabi, avocado, shredded veggies and sushi rice...
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Wrap them in bacon and throw them bad boys on the grill!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Put with your grits.
  • My favourite is just an oriental stir fry (you can pick up the stir fry veggies at your supermarket), with pad thai noodles, and a thai green curry sauce. Then I add the shrimp in last to warm them up, and serve. Takes about 3-5 minutes and is really comforting and tasty!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Sautee it with some olive oil and spices. Or with butter and garlic. Braise it in some pom juice and soy sauce.

Frozen shrimp is a pretty versatile ingredient.
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Easy Three Chile Shrimp with Corn Relish

Ingredients
    3 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
    1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
    1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
    5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    2 teaspoons minced ginger
    1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
    1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    1/2 cup chopped green onions

Preparation
    Combine 2 teaspoons sugar, chili powder, chile powders, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Add shrimp to spice mixture; toss well to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and corn to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar; cook 30 seconds. Transfer corn mixture to a bowl; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup green onions. Wipe pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until done, turning once. If using precooked shrimp, saute just long enough to heat, as not to overcook. Serve with corn mixture. Delish!

Nutritional Information:
    Amount per serving (4 servings per recipe)
    Calories: 342
    Calories from fat: 25%
    Fat: 9.6g
    Saturated fat: 1.5g
    Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
    Protein: 37.9g
    Carbohydrate: 28g
    Fiber: 3.7g
    Cholesterol: 259mg
    Iron: 5.3mg
    Sodium: 569mg
    Calcium: 114mg
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    I use that for everything! I will make a shrimp cocktail, mix it in with veggies and some old bay seasoning. Or I will put it in my 2 egg white 1 whole egg omelette. Shrimp is very versatile.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Any & all recipes that involve cooking are for raw shrimp. If you use already cooked shrimp (which is what the OP has), you will ruin the shrimp. They'll become rubbery.

OP later posted that she went out & bought some raw shrimp, too, so keep the recipes coming. I just don't want anyone to ruin perfectly good cooked shrimp. They're expensive! (And delicious, when properly prepared.)