If your treadmill could talk...

DawnOf1969
DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
If your treadmill could talk (or your elliptical or exercise bike, etc), what would it say to you?

What made me think of this was I was on the exercise bike today at the gym and a guy got on the treadmill in front of me and started running. I swear, he was trying to stomp the poor machine to death. It was SO loud, I finally got up and left the room because I was afraid I was going to burst out in laughter. The poor treadmill was just shaking and bouncing around. plus the guy kept stomping on the front of the treadmill (the part at the front that doesn't move). I kept thinking in my head that if that treadmill could talk it would be BEGGING this guy to get off!

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    if that treadmill could talk it would be BEGGING this guy to get off!
    When I do HIIT sprints...I think I heard the treadmill groan in actual pain.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Mine would say "Quit slacking and up the intensity"!!!
  • DawnOf1969
    Amanda your post made me giggle. The other day there was a lady on the treadmill talking on the phone and going, at the most, 1.5 mph. Probably slower. I was thinking "what's the point" but who am I to judge. At least she wasn't sitting on her butt stuffing her face with cupcakes. Any fitness is better than no fitness. LOL.

My treadmill is probably thinking "is that all you've got?!"
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    "Please lady, tell your kids to stop sticking crayons into me..."
    :laugh:
  • Amandac6772
    Amanda your post made me giggle. The other day there was a lady on the treadmill talking on the phone and going, at the most, 1.5 mph. Probably slower. I was thinking "what's the point" but who am I to judge. At least she wasn't sitting on her butt stuffing her face with cupcakes. Any fitness is better than no fitness. LOL.

My treadmill is probably thinking "is that all you've got?!"

I'd love to have all the hours back from the treadmill when I thought I was "working out' but in reality I was taking a stroll.
  • Amandac6772

Bah hahaha...that's funny!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    I can't breath under all these clothes hanging on me
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Esther, Why did you throw me away? I was only 35% broken...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member

Bah hahaha...that's funny!

wish it was so funny! At least my husband started using it :wink:
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Mine would say, hey get these clothes off me.
  • My bike, treadmill and elliptical would tell me they miss me.. and i should use them more often :p
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Only one person at a time please !!!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    mine would say, is that all you got?
  • Both my treamill and elliptical would say "I'm so glad you are using me again. Everytime you came in the room I would get my hopes up that you were coming to visit but no, you were just looking for something in the closet. I was feeling so lonely and worthless so thanks for bringing some activity back into my life." :happy:
  • thank you for selling me at your last garage sale to a healthy young couple who actually use me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    if i had one, it would say "man you are really out of shape, are you sure you want to do this?"
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Only one person at a time please !!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    My glider squeaks so it would probably say, "a little oil for me poor joints please."
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    On a clear night, I can hear the treadmill laughing..........
  • DawnOf1969
    These are too funny! I joined 2 gyms so I gave my treadmill to my mom where it is probably sitting in the garage, shivering. lol
This discussion has been closed.