HELP! Need Support and Motivation!!!!

Diets..... Ugh

I cant keep myself on track.
I'm looking for friends on MFP to give me support and motivation.
I have started diets and just never really got anywhere and gave up..
I want to lose weight so bad, but I struggle with depression and overeating..
I would love to have friends who i can watch and get support and motivation from..
Thanks Everyone!

Replies

• bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    you should start little. cutting back what you love eating and eating more of what you "should"
  • I am the same. I decided to just cut out crap. No other major changes. Started with sugar. I like how MFP tracks your sugar. Choose a calorie count you can live with (i.e. one where you aren't starving yourself). Then, within that calorie count, you'll see where MP tracks your carbs, fat, protein, sugar. Just look at the sugar. try to keep it as low as possible, and then look at the sources. For example, sugar from a banana is better than sugar from a Snickers bar!

I've lost 8 pounds since I started 17 days ago.

you CAN do it.
  • I just signed up and have the same problem. I googled I hate being fat and found this site. I am hoping that the community here will help my motivation, which has been lacking big time!

I HATE being fat but I just don't stick to diets. I hate how I look and how I feel, and I hate how other non-fat people look at or treat fat people.

I decided today that I just don't want to feel this way anymore and though I have said that before, I am hoping this time I mean it.

I don't like to cook so I bought some prepared salads, fruit, and cooked chicken - and so I don't feel totally deprived, I bought popsicle molds to make frozen fruit pops using fruit, coconut water and agave nectar as a sweetener with some Splenda - or even fruit with some fat free yogurt. I am not in love with frozen fruit pops but like them - so I don't think I will eat more than one - at least I hope not.

I hope reading other people's stories, or responding to folks on this site will help me.
  • Sallyllama
    Sallyllama Posts: 5 Member
    Unfortunately, "diets" don't help. It needs to be a lifestyle change. You have to teach yourself to eat healthy and keep portion sizes down. And you HAVE TO move. Take a walk. Ride a bike. Start small. Walk around the block.

You can do it! I believe in you!
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Hi my name is Sharon and I have started a new exercise/fitness/weight loss blog on you tube. The blogs will be weekly when possible. I will also have monthly live stream shows so that we can interact with each other. Various friendly challenges will be also issued during the blogs. The goal is is for us to motivate and inspire each other as well as to share our ups and downs during this journey. If this sounds interesting to you, then check me out on you tube (4c_diva) !!!
    I look forward to interacting with you on you tube as well as MFP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsQ-n5fScUU&feature=share&list=UUDEhASjiCOhLNxjyBRnB4Dw&index=2